INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recycle Bin never used  (Read 2503 times)

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
Recycle Bin never used
« on: May 25, 2015, 09:22:41 pm »

Just curious why JRiver never actually sends files to the Recycle Bin....noticed this for some time now, like years.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Recycle Bin never used
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 09:30:39 pm »

When you delete a file, one of the choices is "Remove from Media Library and send to the Recycle Bin".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HiFiTubes

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 09:32:36 pm »

When you delete a file, one of the choices is "Remove from Media Library and send to the Recycle Bin".

Yes, it has never worked for me.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 09:37:30 pm »

Agreed but I haven't seen this come up for TV recordings from the Television page (via the left hand side pane in Standard View). Whereas if you delete a TV Show via Video > Shows (via the left hand side pane in Standard View), then you're presented with the delete options dialogue box. This inconsistent behaviour has caught me out before.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 09:42:32 pm »

If the files reside on a non-Windows based system, such as a Linux-running NAS, the recycle bin option will permanently delete the files, since the NAS will not have a recycle bin that MC understands. Are your files locally stored?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 11:10:17 pm »

If the files reside on a non-Windows based system, such as a Linux-running NAS, the recycle bin will permanently delete the files, since the NAS will not have a recycle bin that MC understands. Are your files locally stored?

Thanks, mainly all files on Synology NAS but I do have some large internals and my OS SSD. Will remote to home and test now.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 08:42:51 am »

Network drives never have a Recycle Bin, even when accessed through Windows Explorer.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

HiFiTubes

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 09:31:59 am »

Network drives never have a Recycle Bin, even when accessed through Windows Explorer.

Too bad.

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 10:28:01 am »

Another thing to check if you're seeing this with local drives is the maximum allowed size for your recycle bin.
I seem to recall that the file would just be deleted without a prompt if it was over that size.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 12:01:19 pm »

Windows itself typically prompts. I don't know if MC does, but yes, you can disable Recycle Bin support or alter the maximum size (typically 10% of the volume size) as well:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-recycle-bin-settings
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up