INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV viewing on Client leaves files on Server  (Read 1420 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
TV viewing on Client leaves files on Server
« on: May 26, 2015, 01:47:50 pm »

I believe this was addressed earlier where it was said this is a known problem and being worked on. I thought I'd bump the issue and see if it is being looked at, or if this is actually a known problem.

Problem: After watching live TV on a Client machine, and then ending/stopping TV viewing, there will be a jtv file left over on the Server.

BTW, I don't save my recorded TV shows in jtv format, I only use the ts format. However the files/folders left behind on the server are jtv. And it doesn't happen for all live TV shows, most of the time they correctly delete themselves form the Server. I'm not sure why some are left behind and some remove themselves after stopping the TV service.

Is this a problem that JRiver is aware of, and if so, is there a fix in sight? It's not a huge problem to delete these left over files but it would be nice to not have to.

Thanks

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: TV viewing on Client leaves files on Server
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 02:12:36 pm »

This happens to me almost every time that I watch TV on a client for >1 hour at a time.  I'm pretty sure that's not a "magic number," it's probably a side effect of the fact that 1 hour is my time-shifting setting.

I find orphans almost exclusively after long viewing sessions, and almost every time.

CountryBumkin

Re: TV viewing on Client leaves files on Server
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 03:42:27 pm »

That's a good catch. So maybe it is only happening for Shows over an hour. I haven't noticed this but it make sense as most of my live TV viewing is on those 30-min sitcoms and I'm not getting a lot of orphans now, but sometimes there is a movie or documentary (1hr +) I want to see.
I'll look for this relationship.
Pages: [1]   Go Up