INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: why are jpg files showing in my Theater View movies category?  (Read 1072 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

In the last week I had to rebuild my RAID array and I also installed Win10 preview - and now I have a strange thing happening with some of my Movie views.
Background: When I installed Win10 (clean install) it renamed my Movies drive from E: to G: and my other drive (TV Shows, Music, Images) from F: to H:. So I used the Move, Copy, Rename function to reassign all the drives.

Last night was the first time I used Theater View since the changes.
Issue: I noticed that my "Movies" view and "Shows" view had a bunch of new cover art. It turns out that these views are now displaying JPG files as if they are movie/shows. So I get a cover art (Jpg) and the cover art (ifo, or mkv, or ts) - both the same picture.

To fix this, I had to go into the Theater View settings and add "File Type is not .JPG" to the display rules. This is only happening on Movies and Shows. I have other views (under roller Video>Movies) such as "Movies by date" (z-a) and display "Movies by rating", which are not affected by this.

The views are now showing correctly with the fix above, but clearly something got messed up. Any idea what might have gone wrong?

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: why are jpg files showing in my Theater View movies category?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 07:03:28 am »

Those files have to be in your library somewhere, so the better course would be to find them and remove them - although my views are all setup to limit the media type to video, which would exclude them automatically, I would think.

I could imagine that something happened while you were renaming the drives - it imported the images before it could figure out that they are actually cover art that belongs to the video files.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

CountryBumkin

Re: why are jpg files showing in my Theater View movies category?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 09:13:26 am »

Thanks for replying.

I think you are suggesting that some of my JPG (image) files may incorrectly have the Media type "Video" applied/associated to them. This would make sense and explain what is going on. I'll look for that association when I get home tonight. If that is what happened, it  should be easy to fix.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up