INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Highlighting new items in standard and Theater Display  (Read 2541 times)

crawfofd

• World Citizen
Highlighting new items in standard and Theater Display
« on: May 28, 2015, 09:22:00 am »

I currently use Schedules direct to get my epg data and I have it send me an (*) when a new program is in the guide. Is there a way to highlite this item in both the standard and theater display.
Thanks in advance for any info.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Highlighting new items in standard and Theater Display
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 09:35:41 am »

Can you explain this a little more?  I do not understand what you are trying to ask.

What do you mean by "I have it send me an (*) when a new program is in the guide"?  Do you mean an * is added to the new item (name or description) in the guide?  Currently there is no way of highlighting any entry.  All items are treated equal.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 10:35:25 pm »

Thanks yaobing. You have answered my question. I am unable to highlite any entry.  Is it possible to add a column in the television section that would indicate a new program. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 04:23:25 pm »

Thanks yaobing. You have answered my question. I am unable to highlite any entry.  Is it possible to add a column in the television section that would indicate a new program. 

I do not understand what you mean by "new program".  If it is not a standard XMLTV attribute, we can not do anything.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 08:48:10 pm »

Yaobing,
 In schedules direct when you download the xml file and you have a  "-a" in the command line it will indicate whether the program is a new program (first time being shown). This is done by putting a "*" at the end of the program name. This asterick "*' is actually in the xml file.

Example "<title lang="en">On the Move *</title>"

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 02:03:53 am »

If it's in the title tag, it should be displayed in the grid the same way. While it's not possible to highlight in the grid, perhaps you can create a Theater View page titled "New additions" and fileter the list by titles containing "*"?

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 06:34:16 am »

imugli,
Thanks for your response.  I had created a view and have filtered it by looking for the "*" in the title. The problem with that is the only way to display it is in list view. With 300 channels I could get quite a few hits and it isn't any easier looking thru all them. I guess I could filter it out more by removing some items with a more defined filter.  I just have been spoiled with SageTV where in the guide you have a blue dot for new program and a magenta dot for HD. It also puts a colored square around a item that is the first season/episode so you can tell if there is a new show coming out. All of this is configurable.  I really do like this program but it is hard some times to make it friendly enough for the wife/kids to use.
Again thanks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 08:16:02 pm »

As Imugli says, the "*" will be in the description.

Rather than use a view though, you can just use the search function in the Guide to search for "*" and it will give you a list, which will then have recording functionality etc.

Note that the search also searches the description, so you will get some extra programs listed, but it is easy to see the description and hence the "*".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 07:44:21 pm »

RoderickGI, thanks for your response. Sorry for the late reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up