INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art in same folder as mp3 problem  (Read 1845 times)

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
Cover Art in same folder as mp3 problem
« on: September 24, 2003, 08:49:14 am »

Can someone tell me how I can configure the File Naming & Location section so that MC will look for the album cover art in the same folder that contains the album's mp3s?  I ask because some of my album cover art appears when it's named "folder.jpg" and is located in the same folder as the mp3s, and sometimes it doesn't.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wobbley

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art in same folder as mp3 problem
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 01:19:16 pm »

In my experience, MC will automatically recognize folder.jpg only if the cover art is present in the album directory at the time of import into the library. If you add the cover art to an albums directory at some point after the audio files have been imported, you have to assign the cover art manually.  

I'm still using 9.0.180, so it may work differently in 9.1x.

Rob

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 01:52:59 pm »

Can someone tell me how I can configure the File Naming & Location section so that MC will look for the album cover art in the same folder that contains the album's mp3s?  I ask because some of my album cover art appears when it's named "folder.jpg" and is located in the same folder as the mp3s, and sometimes it doesn't.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wobbley

I plan to re-visit My Cover Art Finder Plug-in due to a bug someone told me about.

and plan to change it to look in the media file dir first for folder.jpg then if not found look in the MC9 Cover Art folder.

I am planing on working on it this weekend.

so this may help you out.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 03:07:02 pm »

King,

I don't have your plugin currently, I just use MC's built-in functions for finding cover art.  I would like to ask you a question that this topic brought to my mind.

MC downloads the cover art into \data\cover art.  I would prefer that the cover art exist as folder.jpg, in each album's subfolders.

Currently, I must move the cover art and manually re-tag my songs with the new location.  Can your plugin (or perhaps a different plugin that exists) help me to automate this?
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 03:18:59 pm »

the cover art plug-in currently has an option when the cover art is found to save it as folder.jpg in the mp3 folder, MC9 does not do this as you stated.

the current problem with the plugin is it will do it for the first file in the album and not the rest since it will find it for the rest for that album in the cover art folder.

but it already does it, i just need to tweek it a bit.

and add an option if found in the cover art folder to copy it to the mp3\media file folder.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2003, 09:57:20 am »

Wobbley

I just made Some Changes To "Cover Art Finder"

What It Does Is

1. Looks In The Media File Folder For "Folder.jpg" if found it will set that as the cover art.

2. if folder.jpg is not found it will look for the coverart in the default cover art folder if found it will set that as the cover art.

3. if none of the above is found it will search the internet for cover art.

when the program searches for cover art on the internet and you want "folder.jpg" saved to the folder you must turn that option on.

it seems to work, let me know if you guys find any problems.

http://www.spartasoft.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up