INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art changes in Theater View  (Read 1435 times)

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
Cover Art changes in Theater View
« on: May 26, 2015, 12:13:29 pm »

I have a DVD that contains two movies.  So I used stacks to divide it and then Get Movie and TV Info to download the cover art for each particle, that all works.  But when I scroll through the movies in Theater View the cover art changes after 1 second.

To be more specific, let's call the Movies A and B, and the cover art for A as CAA, and the cover art for B as CAB.  In Theater View the display is set as "Name" so you see large cover art as panels on left side in a grid and then on the right you see the same cover art and description of which ever movie the mouse is positioned over.  The cover art on the left (the grid) is always correct and does not change.  It is the cover art on the right side (with the description below it) that changes after 1 second.

1. Get movie info for A and then for B

In theater view, when I move the mouse over A it displays CAA for 1 second then it displays CAB.  When I hover the mouse over B it displays CAB then 1 second later it displays CAB (there is a subtle flash as it redisplays the cover art).

2. Get movie info for B and then for A

Now, in theater view, when I hover the mouse over A it displays CAA for 1 second and then CAA.  But when I hover the mouse over B it displays CAB then 1 second later CAA.

So it appears that the last Get Movie info cover art is used after 1 second.  This only happens with particles, and happens with both movies and TV Show episodes.  Maybe each time a Get Movie info cover art is downloaded it assigns it to the "Main movie" and to the particle.  When displaying the particle (only on the right side in theater view) the particle cover art is used first and then it switches to the main movie disk cover art.

This also happens outside of theater view.  If I select Video, Movies on the left I see a list of all the movies.  There is a small icon to the left of the title in the list for each movie.  For A it is CAA, for B it is CAB.  But if I hover the mouse over A or B it always displays in the popup information the last cover art downloaded.

All non Particle cover arts are working perfectly.

Any ideas how to fix this?

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
Re: Cover Art changes in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 10:06:40 am »

Given no replies I can assume either:

a) no one else is having this problem, or

b) everyone using particles has the same problem but there is no solution

If it is (a) can I get someone using particles to work with me to figure out what I am doing wrong, or is there some configuration that I have not set or have set incorrectly that is causing this problem.

If it is (b) then I hope MC21 will fix it, I first noticed the problem in MC18 and have patiently waited 2 releases hoping it would be fixed.

I am thinking the problem has to do with loading the image.  By default it simply copies over the image from the left to the right.  Then it looks up the actual image, finds none, so it uses the parent image (which is the last particle image retrieved).  So maybe the problem is I somehow have not setup correctly how the images are stored.

CraigNZ

• World Citizen
Re: Cover Art changes in Theater View
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 11:25:39 am »

Doing some research I see that the second image displayed when viewing the episode in Theater View is always the .jpg image in the video folder.  The jpg image is always the last image from when a Get Movie info is used on each stack.  So for example, Disk 1 of a TV Series would have its own folder, in that folder would be a Video_TS folder.  In that folder would be the jpg image which is the cover art for Disk 1.

If you then break Disk 1 into particles and for each particle use Get Movie info to download the cover art for that particle then two things happen:

a) the new image is stored somewhere with the particle,

b) the new image replaces the disk cover art image in the Video_TS folder.

So, incorrectly, the Get Movie info function always replaces the jpg image without checking to see if it is a particle.  This is a bug and should be fixed, it has been like this for 3 major releases, maybe longer.  The jpg cover art for the disk should be set once and not changed when setting up each particle.

When viewing the episode (particle) in Theater View, the particle cover art is displayed first, then a second later the disk cover art is displayed.  This is also an error since the display should only use the particle cover art and not the disk cover art.  Again, another bug that should be fixed.

Surely this cannot be difficult to fix.  Can we expect to see this resolved in MC21?  Since we are paying for each of these new releases it would be nice to fix such obvious and annoying problems like this before adding a lot more features.
Pages: [1]   Go Up