INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Service Interface, play a song and continue on playlist  (Read 1710 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe

I have a whole house audio-system, I have rigged the door-bell to send a web-command when it is pressed. It know just plays a file in the library, which is nice, but ideally I would like it to have a bit more functionality.

I want the following to happen:

Pause the currently playing song
Set volume to a given level
Play the "doorbell"-file
Set volume to previous level
Continue playing where the previous song left off.

Is this possible, or eventually partly possible?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Web Service Interface, play a song and continue on playlist
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 03:48:44 pm »

In the DevZone, take a look at the Web Services Interface (MCWS).  You should be able to use that to do what you want.

flac.rules

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 09:09:59 pm »

In the DevZone, take a look at the Web Services Interface (MCWS).  You should be able to use that to do what you want.

Yeah, I am using the MCWS-commands now, to play the ringtone, I am just a bit confused on how to use it in the more advanced way outlined in the first post. Especially the "pause the runing song, play the ringtone, and continue the song where it left off"-part.

flac.rules

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 04:27:57 pm »

So, any tips on how to solve my problem with MCWS-commands?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 04:30:58 pm »

You would probably want to use two zones, otherwise playing anything else will lose the info from the currently playing file.
Pause normal zone, play bell in the bell zone, resume. Although I'm not sure if you can pause a zone and then play something in another zone on the same audio device .. it may not like that, since pausing still holds the audio device open. Depends on the audio device I guess, DirectSound may work, since it just mixes anyway, other interfaces which use exclusive access may not like that.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

flac.rules

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 05:12:32 pm »

You would probably want to use two zones, otherwise playing anything else will lose the info from the currently playing file.
Pause normal zone, play bell in the bell zone, resume. Although I'm not sure if you can pause a zone and then play something in another zone on the same audio device .. it may not like that, since pausing still holds the audio device open. Depends on the audio device I guess, DirectSound may work, since it just mixes anyway, other interfaces which use exclusive access may not like that.

Thats is a good idea, is it possible to attach many sound-cards to a single zone? So i could get it to play in all the different speakers throughout the house?
Pages: [1]   Go Up