INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: nomad zen nx  HELP  (Read 1470 times)

mcwacko1213

• nothing more to say...
nomad zen nx  HELP
« on: September 24, 2003, 11:27:19 am »

hi, i just got a new nomad zen nx, and i just d/l the plug-in. and it dosent seem to detect my zen whe it is pluged in.

when i click on the zen in "cd,dvd and handhelds" it says
"intialzation failed. please make sure the player is pluged it and correct drivers are installed"   i installed the all softwear that came with the nooomad, but i want to use mc9 and not the creative softwear.

if ne 1 can help please respond.

thank you,
mike.

ps. i am running windows xp home.

-mike

mcwacko1213

• nothing more to say...
Re: nomad zen nx  HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 01:09:48 pm »

ok i fixed it, but now i am having problems with just transfering music and deleting music...

when i slect all my music and right  cliack and say transfer to NOMAD ZEN, all that comes up is the microsoft send error report.

i dont know whats up... HELP

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 02:09:25 pm »

What version of MC are you running? What version of the Nomad Plugin?

Steve

BDR

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 06:24:38 am »

I posted the following message on the Third Party Plug-ins board a couple of weeks ago and never got a response.  Since the subject of the Zen NX has come up again, I thought that I would repeat it here and hope for a response:

"I recently got a Nomad Jukebox ZEN NX and installed the plug-in for this hand held.  It appears that the only functionality that MC9.1 gives me with this plug-in is to be able to encode and then transfer files from my computer to the ZEN.  I can view files on the ZEN from within MC9.1, but not do anything with them such as play them or transfer from ZEN to MC9.1 etc.   Since this is a very new MP3 player, is it likely that a future update of this plug-in will add some of the above functionality? "

As you can see from above, I am not having any problem seeing the ZEN via MC9.1 or downloading files, but just wanted to know if there would be any other functionality.  

I really like the little ZEN.  I originally got it for my daughters 14th birthday, but liked it so much I have ordered one for myself.

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 11:35:09 am »

BDR,

To transfer the files from Zen to PC, right click on the files you want to send and select "Sent to PC" or something like that and you will be all set.

If you have not explored it yet, try right clicking on the Zen in the tree and check out synchronization for organizing your files on Zen.

We do not currently playback files on Zen in MC, although there is a way to playback with a third party package.

You are a good dad to get your own rather than taking your daughter's, I am sure she thanks you :)

Steve

mcwacko1213

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2003, 07:12:54 pm »

i am running mc9 and the plug-in is:
Creative Labs; NOMAD Zen / NX - 9.0.23

still dosent work

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2003, 05:55:46 am »

Mike,

Are you running MC 9.1.260? If not, please try that.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up