INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library loading multiple copies of audio files all with old tags  (Read 1558 times)

Simon Chick

• Recent member

This issue has only arisen on one album, which has an abnormal background.

It is a mix down to stereo flac files in Audacity from a multi channel flac rip of an SACD. Both source and mix down are 24/88.2 files.

After the mix down I edited the tags in Tag & Rename. The corrected tags appear correctly in MediaMonkey, which I keep for some editing purposes, and also appear correctly in dbpoweramp. and indeed Windows Explorer.

However, when the album is loaded into either of the MC20 libraries that I run (both in Win7 PCs), it actually adds 12 copies of each file, each one with **.flac;1 ;2 and so on at the end. None of the filenames displayed in the file list view have just .flac at the end.

This happens with both autoscan and adding only the selected folder to either library. I am using MC 20.0.103.

In Audio views only one set of files appear, all the filenames with ;1 at the end. If I try to edit the tags, it edits all 12 copies of each file.

Additionally, it shows the uncorrected tags, as they were when the files were exported by Audacity, before being corrected in Tag & Rename.

I have tried deleting from library and reloading, but without effect. MC20 resolutely ignores any tag editing in the other programs.

The files actually play OK, this is just a library issue.

It seems as if MC20 is seeing ghost tags, which I don't understand, as I cannot find the old tags in any other tag editor, and why MC20 loads 12 copies of each file completely defeats me.

Can the developers cast any light on why this should be arising, and on how I can get MC20 to add the files to the library with the correct tags?

NAS > noiseless PC > Ayre QB-9 USB DAC > Ayre KX-R pre-amp > Ayre MX-R monoblocs > Dynaudio Confidence C4 Signatures
Chord Sarum interconnects and speaker cables
Missing Link Opus, MCRU Ultimate and Transparent Reference Powerlink power cables
PS Audio P10 Power Plant. Sonority isolation platforms.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Library loading multiple copies of audio files all with old tags
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 03:45:40 pm »

I'm not sure what would be causing MC to show 12 copies of each file.  Does anyone have a guess as to what's happening?
I'd suggest upgrading to the latest version.  Try [Library Tools > Update Library (from tags)] and see if that helps anything.  Do they all have the same "Filename" tag?
Adam Thompson, JRiver

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 04:09:12 pm »

The file endings in ";1 ;2" etc are what you normally see with an ISO image.  Did you have this imported as an ISO at one time?

To try to trick Media Center into using the right tags, maybe try changing the artist or album name (add a couple of characters to the end for example).  You can always easily change it back if it doesn't help.

Strange problem.  I'll bet someone here knows more about this and can help you.

Brian.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 06:46:45 pm »

Those file names (with the ;1, ;2, ;3, etc after them) are also used for CUE file playlists (so CUE/FLAC sets, etc).  I've found these sometimes act in bizarre ways if you try to move them after import with Rename, Move, and Copy Files.

I recommend converting any CUE/FLAC sets to individual FLAC files instead, and deleting the original CUE/FLAC set.  MC can do this with the built-in conversion tool with no quality loss. There are alternatives if you really want to keep them that way, but you may have to do some file management yourself.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up