INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Special character issues  (Read 2685 times)

Cheezmo

• Recent member
Special character issues
« on: June 04, 2015, 09:30:05 pm »

I have a couple of issued related to tracks with special characters in their names, could be PMW problem, could be a Pono player firmware issue, but here it is...

I have a playlist with Oxygène, Part III in it.  I sync the playlist to the Pono.  The song shows up on the player under "Songs", but does not show up in the playlist.

I had previously synced a playlist with the album "Alma caribeña" on it.  Later after removing the songs from the playlist and resyncing, the songs were removed from the playlist, but still are on the player (listed under Songs).

My tracks are stored in Apple Lossless, but converted to FLAC by PMW when syncing to the player.

I'm pretty confused but it looks like

Tracks with special characters in the song name aren't showing up in playlists on the Pono.
Tracks with special characters in the album name aren't removed on sync with the Pono.

I'm using PMW 1.0.100 on a Mac.

Thanks in advance for looking into these issues!

Cheezmo

• Recent member
Re: Special character issues
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 09:35:27 pm »

A followup on the album issue. 

When syncing, the tracks with special characters in the album name show as "On Device" even when they are not in any playlist and should be removed by a sync.

They can be deleted manually though the PMW interface (show device, select tracks, delete) and looking at the volume in the finder, the tracks do get removed from the player.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 07:16:23 am »

That seems like a firmware problem.  I'll let Pono know.

Try changing the name.  That would confirm that is a problem with the character.

Cheezmo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 04:45:20 pm »

I agree the problem with the tracks with special characters in the track title not showing up in the playlist is likely a Pono firmware issue.

But, the second problem where PMW software shows the tracks on albums with special characters in the album name as "On Device" instead of "Remove on Sync" when they are no longer in a playlist and then doesn't remove them seems like a PMW problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up