INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music files listed in the Films zone  (Read 1638 times)

yukibarr

• Junior Woodchuck
Music files listed in the Films zone
« on: June 06, 2015, 04:58:02 am »

I created 3 zones for music, film and tv and set the audio devices accordingly. But then i see that music starts playing through my centre speaker. i clicked on my tv zone and hey presto, the music files that i'm playing are listed there. In the past i deleted the zones and recreated them but the problem reoccurred. Can anyone help?!

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Music files listed in the Films zone
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 05:56:25 am »

I would check the the files are correctly tag with "Media Type = Audio" (and "Media Sub Type = Movie" or "TV Show" for those file types).
You can look at Audio>Files in under the Standard View and add a column for Media Type by right clicking on the column header and then adding the Media Type field. If there are incorrectly tagged files, you can click on the file to select it and hit F2 to edit.
I have seen these file tagging errors on my own system - so I check every so often as part of my file maintenance routine.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 06:18:33 am »

OP Have you enabled enabled and configured zoneswitch? If you haven't you'll need to make sure to select the zone you want to play in first, or send the files to the zone you want them to go to when you hit play

yukibarr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 06:51:04 am »

I would check the the files are correctly tag with "Media Type = Audio" (and "Media Sub Type = Movie" or "TV Show" for those file types).
You can look at Audio>Files in under the Standard View and add a column for Media Type by right clicking on the column header and then adding the Media Type field. If there are incorrectly tagged files, you can click on the file to select it and hit F2 to edit.
I have seen these file tagging errors on my own system - so I check every so often as part of my file maintenance routine.
I tagged video and audio file accordilgly and also populated the media subtypes. BUT I then tried to play an .mkv video file and had no sound. I looked at my zones and my video files were listed under the video zone.  Why is that happening?
Pages: [1]   Go Up