INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 2.0.115 : Gets stuck when skipping inside 1080p files  (Read 988 times)

triskadekaphobic

• Junior Woodchuck
MC 2.0.115 : Gets stuck when skipping inside 1080p files
« on: June 07, 2015, 01:21:45 am »

I just bought version 20.115 and I'm able to see any video in any resolution. Video is great and sound is great.
This complement when coming from an audiophile like me shouldn't be taken for granted  ;)

The only problem I have is that it gets stuck when skipping inside 1080 ts files like "Game of Thrones S05E07 1080i HDTV MPEG2 DD5.1-CtrlHD.ts".
MC 20 will try to find the new location and get stuck. Windows performance monitor shows the program as red.
GSPOT codec reader only shows the following 2 lines :

File Type: MPEG-2 Transport Stream
Mime Type: video/mp2t

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 2.0.115 : Gets stuck when skipping inside 1080p files
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 02:12:11 am »

Your hardware may be struggling a bit there by the sound of it. 1080i video can be quite demanding on the CPU and/or GPU.

Maybe if you reduce video settings a little the problem would not occur. It doesn't for me, but I am just using RO Standard on the hardware as per my Signature below.

Maybe share your hardware configuration, and video settings in MC (RO Standard, ROHQ, and MadVR changes, etc.) and someone may be able to shed some light of the issue.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up