INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Android Video Aspect Ratio  (Read 1596 times)

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
JRemote Android Video Aspect Ratio
« on: June 07, 2015, 03:41:23 pm »

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to change the aspect ratio of a video playing on an Android tablet using JRemote and if not is it something that may be incorporated in the future.

I used to use Gizmo for playing videos but a lot of them are older TV shows in 4:3 aspect ratio and there was no way to stretch the image in Gizmo to fill the screen of the tablet. Therefore I stopped using Gizmo and turned to Serviio running on the server with BubbleUPnP and MXPlayer on the tablet which allows you to alter the displayed aspect ratio which worked a treat. However this required running the Serviio server software alongside MC and so I was hoping that JRemote would have aspect ratio stretch functionality built in. Unfortunately I can't find any way of doing it which is a great shame.

If this is not possible can I put it forward as a feature request please.

Many thanks

Russell

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote Android Video Aspect Ratio
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 04:07:40 pm »

JRemote and Gizmo will always play the video at its original aspect ratio. There are no current plans to allow anything else for the time being, as that would either cut off parts of the image, or even worse, stretch it and produce long or fat faces =p
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 04:39:07 pm »

There are no current plans to allow anything else for the time being, as that would either cut off parts of the image, or even worse, stretch it and produce long or fat faces =p

Why is that any different to the stretch options in MC. A lot of people like to watch 4:3 TV shows stretched horizontally to 16:9.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 04:55:23 pm »

I didn't say its any different, just that there are no plans to do this in the near future.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up