INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert format problems/questions  (Read 867 times)

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Convert format problems/questions
« on: September 24, 2003, 08:57:13 pm »

I normally rip all my music to APE/APL format, then use the "Convert Format" command to convert my master tracks to MP3s to use with my iPod.

Until recently, I maintained 2 separate libraries, but the robustness of the view filters have caused me to merge them together. However, now when I convert an APE file to MP3 I want to keep both tracks on my hard drive AND in the library.

I thought that the "update database" option would do that, but it turns out that the DB is only updated to include the newly converted files. Is there a way to keep both the original APE and the converted MP3 on the hard drive and in the library?

Also, when converting formats, I've noticed that many tags are copied over to the resulting files--album, artist, albumartist, year, replay gain, intensity, etc. One tag that isn't copied is the path to the image file. Is this an oversight?

Thanks!
Brad

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Convert format problems/questions
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 09:50:33 pm »

When I rip To ape, I type in the following path to the hard drive:   D>Artist>Album(or song)>ape
Then i convert with this path: D>Artist>Album(or song)>mp3.
I also store album art in the same way: D>Artist>album(or song)>folder.jpg

I don't know if this is any help. I always manually use "add from file" for cover art.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up