INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging ?  (Read 1202 times)

Jumpsturdy

• Junior Woodchuck
Tagging ?
« on: June 09, 2015, 02:00:23 pm »

All of my music resides on an external drive which is shared between the two OSs on my computer; OSX and Windows 8.1. All of my metadata has been entered through iTunes on the mac side of things. So, until I recently decided to abandon it and go JRiver for both OSs, I have been importing the already tagged music into JRiver for Windows (including having JRiver do a song analysis) without giving JRiver the permission to write to the external drive. But this gave me the result I wanted which was the original drive left untouched and the data library on the Windows partition including the song analysis for volume leveling. But for the recurring tagging error messages telling me the info can't be written to the drive, this solution has worked well.
Now, however, since I am going JRiver exclusively, I do want that analysis info added to the tags. So, the question is: is there a good way to have the song analysis info that resides in the JRiver library embedded into the songs on the hard drive without having to redo the analysis of all the songs on the drive?
Re-doing the entire analysis would be very time consuming, as the first time I did so took almost eleven days (analyzing two songs at a time) so it is something I would prefer to avoid.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Tagging ?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 02:37:30 pm »

If I understand correctly, it sounds like you should be able to select all the songs you'd like to change and go to [Tools > Library Tools > Update Tags (From Library)].  This will change all the file tags based on what's in your library.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

Jumpsturdy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Tagging ?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 09:26:03 pm »

Thank you; I tried a sampling of files and it works well. Will do the rest now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up