INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving files/library with MJ 8.0.382  (Read 749 times)

ecb

• nothing more to say...
Moving files/library with MJ 8.0.382
« on: February 13, 2003, 06:25:38 pm »

I need to move my MJ library and media files from one computer to another.  The two are on the same network and I can share the disk from one machine to the other and visa-versa.

After I install MJ on the new machine, is there an easy way to move EVERYTHING from the old machine to the new machine.  I'm a novice with MJ, perhaps there is a simple way to do this......

Thanks.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Moving files/library with MJ 8.0.382
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 10:52:39 am »

Including the music files themselves? You'll need to do this so that the new installation of MJ will find the files UNLESS you've been using a UNC path (ie \\stevo\d\ogg) or used network mapping (ie: s:\ogg). In other words, the files must be available to both machines using the same path. If that's the case then all you have to do is copy the entire MJ dir and it's subdir's to your new machine into the same location...(old machine: d:\Media Jukebox...new machine: d:\Media Jukebox). Now install MJ again right over the top. If it's already installed then make sure MJ is closed on the new machine and copy the dir's right over the top of the new installation.

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up