INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tell MC to NOT try to "play" PDF, Text files, etc. in a folder  (Read 1359 times)

SpedInFargo

• Recent member

Is there a way to tell MC to not attempt to open/play non-audio files in a directory?  I often drag and drop subfolders into MC and there is inevitably a PDF document, etc. in that folder.  When the playlist gets to one of those folders the music stops playing and tries to open that file instead.

Must be a setting somewhere that I'm missing, right?  (I hope)

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Tell MC to NOT try to "play" PDF, Text files, etc. in a folder
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 10:27:17 am »

Just remove it from the File Type......pdf

tools> options> File Types....you will find them under> Data
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

SpedInFargo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 03:25:45 pm »

Just remove it from the File Type......pdf

tools> options> File Types....you will find them under> Data

Thanks for the reply

I found that section of the options after I posted and had high hopes - but I can't figure out how to remove that file type?  I can unmark the "File Association" checkbox and I can change the Playback Method (Automatic, External Program (default), External Program (internal), or JRiver Webpage Viewer).  Not sure if any of those really do what I want it to do.  Right now it gets to the PDF file and if it happens to be in the middle of the Playing Now list playback will just stop completely.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 03:32:15 pm »

Is your pdf file somehow tagged as a "Media Type" is "Audio"?
If you go to Standard View >Audio>Files and add a column to show "Media Type" (right click on column header to add new fields) see if the PDF files are listed.

I had some jpg files mistakenly tagged somehow as Media Type "Movies" (ant they would show up in my Movies listing under Theater View) so I suppose this is not impossible to happen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up