INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.257 beta available  (Read 7146 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.257 beta available
« on: September 22, 2003, 01:26:27 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.  

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:    
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe    

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91257.exe

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Fixed: MC would make requests for WMA cover art to Media Server even for files that didn't have cover art.
2. Changed: Action Window is always anchored to the bottom instead of floating in the left view.
3. Changed: Action Window header and pages shows background instead of solid color.
4. Changed: Action Window > Image page doesn't flicker when changing images.
5. Fixed: <This Folder> entry didn't always work properly.
6. Changed: Several optimizations to make dealing with large numbers of images much faster.
7. Fixed: Right-click on the volume and position sliders didn't mute / pause.
8. Fixed: Right-clicking the player display area would show file properties and the right-click menu.
9. Changed: Playing Now display control bars show less -- now always require a mouse move.
10. Fixed: Playing a playlist with multiple of the same file in it would start the first instance of the track instead of the selected instance.
11. Fixed: When starting image playback, the selected image wouldn't always be shown first.
12. Changed: Removed title scrolling in player area for now as it was too slow on some machines.
13. Fixed: TiVo didn't handle full album smart lists correctly.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bennyd

• Project Leader
Re: Media Center 9.1.257 beta available
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 01:39:54 pm »

When clicking on the "Burn CD" in Action window, I get the message : "Please verify player is connected"
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 01:51:14 pm »

Updated 4:52 CST -- Fixes bennyd's report.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 01:53:44 pm »

much faster! <this folder> works now too. thanks!

minor cosmetic bug: mute/volume icon in pixos is reversed. small but noticable.

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2003, 02:07:31 pm »

2. Changed: Action Window is always anchored to the bottom instead of floating in the left view.

The Action Window is not fully anchored for me, there is still a little white space on the bottom and left side...I can post a screenshot if you like....

crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2003, 02:08:13 pm »

Changed: Action Window is always anchored to the bottom instead of floating in the left view.

And I thank you.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2003, 02:14:16 pm »

5. Fixed: <This Folder> entry didn't always work properly.

Thanks!!!
Much appreciated.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2003, 03:20:58 pm »

In a thread from earlier today I had the DSP output format set to 4 channels in order to keep the playing track from popping and distorting. Not quite sure if this build (257) fixes this problem, but what I'm noticing is that if you have DSP turn on, then turn on the EQ and then turn the EQ off, the EQ remains on until the end of the track, or playing is stopped. I'm not sure if this is by default or if this is a bug. Any ideas?

jleerigby

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2003, 03:40:18 pm »

Have not downloaded this build yet but as there's no mention of a fix for this I'll post the details:

Occassionally while using Tomy00's WMP skin the list does not repaint itself properly.  It appears in white when it's supposed to be blue.  Clicking another scheme corrects it.  This has happened to me about 5 times.

jleerigby

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2003, 04:02:19 pm »

Picky - If you hover over the back button in AW it becomes enabled even though you are on the AW home page.

Bug - Still the problem with track info tool tips being choped off the edge of the screen if you hover on a left hand column.  This bugs me so much I have to turn tool tips off but I miss it for displaying tracks within album thumbnails.

[edit] What's the point of this track info tooltips anyway.  It shows obvious stuff that you are bound to have displayed in the column headings except for maybe filename and that's what's causing it to get chopped off.  I'd love to have a way of showing track names within album thumbnails without having this mess show up every time I hover a track in details view.

Bug - AW not resizing properly.  I have the left hand spilt (tree & AW) at the minimum size which results in the AW home page icons being 3 icons tall - Click File Properties> Tag Info and it's still about the same height which is correct.  The problem occurs if you click back from here to the File properties page - it should be 3 icons tall but is only 2 icons tall so you have to  scroll down to Statistics.

And finally - PLEASE change the status area at the bottom to be back the way it was i.e. if only 1 file is selected show the number of files, size and play time time for all files in the current list.  I have to Ctrl+A regularly to see this data which is a pain. I haven't come across anyone in this forum that prefers it the way it is now but loads asking for it the way it was.  Please don't release it like this.

MachineHead

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2003, 04:02:53 pm »

12. Changed: Removed title scrolling in player area for now as it was too slow on some machines.

This still scrolls for me, luckily....

3. Changed: Action Window header and pages shows background instead of solid color.

I get solid color yet. Is possible that a modified Main XML would prevent this? XML was modified previous to this build.

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2003, 04:43:15 pm »

If I select a file in the main window (from a view scheme, list style=details), and then click on Playing Now in the home Action Window, it occasionally changes the main display to Playing Now also.  

This occurs sporadically but consistently.  In my limited testing, it seemed to occur about 1 out of every 10 times.

UPDATE:  This seems to occur much more frequently when the current now playing consists of a small # of songs, 5 or less.  I also thought I noticed it happening more when there were numerals (0-9) or symbols (#,) in the tags and/or filenames, but I'm not positive that is the only times it occurs.

-J

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2003, 04:47:00 pm »

Posted in last few builds...is this expected behavior of using sorting after the limit?

Media Center Smartlist bug:

- Applying a different sort order to the Random One Hour Auto Smartlist, (i.e. Media Type: Audio Limit: 60 minutes Sort: Artist), returns only tracks with blank Artists instead of sorting it by Artist after limiting it.  The sorting field can be any field and Artist was only used as an example.

-J

Omni

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2003, 07:19:13 pm »

And finally - PLEASE change the status area at the bottom to be back the way it was i.e. if only 1 file is selected show the number of files, size and play time time for all files in the current list.  I have to Ctrl+A regularly to see this data which is a pain. I haven't come across anyone in this forum that prefers it the way it is now but loads asking for it the way it was.  Please don't release it like this.

Then, pray tell, how would one see the duration of just one track nice and quickly in the status bar?  No, I think a better solution would be just to provide a quick way to unselect all tracks, like with the ESC key or something.  

Omni

ZRocker

Re:
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2003, 07:42:25 pm »

I Agree...I even suggested they show more info like totals for the currently selected track(s) AND all the tracks in the viewed playlist (always...lots of wasted space currently even with a customized bottom toolbar).

Marty3d

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2003, 11:18:00 pm »

Shell bug:

Using Right-click -> MC -> Play in windows explorer doesn't work as expected:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1063986787

This has apparently been around for ages...

jleerigby

Re:
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2003, 12:06:35 am »

I Agree...I even suggested they show more info like totals for the currently selected track(s) AND all the tracks in the viewed playlist (always...lots of wasted space currently even with a customized bottom toolbar).

Thanks ZR & Omni for adding your views.  I didn't meant to open up a discusion here - new thread started.

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2003, 01:04:28 am »

The minimizing of non-modal windows seems to be a bit messed up. Don't know how long this has been going on for because I only noticed it when I tried to do it for the first time today.

Example one:  Minimizing the audio converter window minimises the entire MC app.

Example two: Minimizing the audio analysis window causes the window to display as a standard window title at the bottom left hand of the screen, which is normal, but you can't select it into focus, it just pops up the right-click context menu. Also, when clicking where the minimize and close buttons should be, MC draws these buttons over the title bar. Here's a small image to show you what I mean:
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~scottray/images/mc_aa_bug.jpg

edit: Hovering over the title bar of the minimized window, a tool-tip with the "dimensions" of the files in the analysis list pops up.

Scott.

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2003, 03:24:21 am »

I have here a problem picture bellow, this appens when i put a window on top of MC
Made in Portugal

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2003, 08:04:33 am »

Up to 40% CPU usage when mouse rests in PlayerBar area ? ? ?
The previous build had up to 80% CPU, so it already seems to be improved... but I think it's still a little bit too much...
On my system MC has about 2% of CPU usage when minimized, 2% to 5% when displaying library.
It uses 2% to 20% when in PlayinNow (dependent on visualization...) - so far so good...
But when the mouse is over the PlayerBar area, about 20% additional CPU usage is needed. It doesn't matter if the mouse is moving or not, if the arrow is over the display, sliders, buttons or just the background. The program is not doing anything more, but it catches these 20%... The memory usage is not increased.

List Drawing Bug
The button list in the "Customize Menu Bar" dialog does not support the transparency of the "SmallIcons.png".

List Drawing Bug
After horizontal scrolling track lists to the right, the "List_HeaderBar" of the columns don't show "mouse over" hover effect and "mouse down" state.

List Drawing Bug
While and after resizing MC, some pixel of the list content flash between "List_HeaderBar" and track list.

List Drawing Bug
Tooltips of album thumbnails that are drawn upwards only flash for a short time and then vanish.

Top Toolbar Drawing Bug
If "OffsetX" for the "TopBar" has a value greater than 50, the Minimize-, Maximize/Restore-, and Close-Buttons of the Mainframe are overdrawn by the toolbar buttons when resizing MC to a smaller width.

Frame Drawing Bug
The Minimize-, Maximize/Restore-, and Close-Buttons of "Frame"/Dialog windows don't show  "mouse over"/hover effect. Only normal and "mouse down" states are displayed.

Don't know if this has worked before:
When listening to web radio, Playing Now's Track Info does not refresh when a new song starts. It's sticked to the page that is loaded when you start listening to the station. So in Hairstyle / Windowed / Full Screen mode, it's quite hard to get the right info...

---------------------------------------

Media Center 9.1.257 -- C:\Programme\Audio\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2017 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 838 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive J: TEAC     CD-W524E           Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

eappell

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2003, 03:21:05 pm »

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't apply ANY Mega-Me skins in 9.1.  Every time I try to, I get an error saying "Failed to load skin [skinname].  Reverting to default skin."  I can load any mini-me skins I want, just no Mega-Me...  What's up with that?

Eddie

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2003, 05:12:59 pm »

I've got another new one, or maybe it's an old one, but it just started popping up with this version for me. When right clicking on the columns in detail view, I'll choose what I want displayed, and without saving the view, it is applied to all folders/albums.

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2003, 05:30:05 pm »

I've never noticed this before so it may not be a bug...

When playing a cd in the drive (not ripped or imported) the progress bar does not move.  It works as normal with mp3's in the library.

Verified with Pixos and JRiver metal skin.

Media Center Registered 9.1.257 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2391 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 96 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: No /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2003, 12:46:14 am »

Main MC window acts like a dialog box!

When MC is maximised or windowed, I cannot put any apps in front of it, using ALT-Tab, or by clicking Taskbar buttons.

---
Lunch is listening to: Peek-a-boo - Oh No! It's DEVO! [Time: 3:00 | 192 kbps mp3 | 4.1 MB]
---

Media Center Registered 9.1.257 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1837 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 251 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\tada.wav

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
 Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Cheers
Rob

sherbs

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2003, 02:30:50 am »

Main MC window acts like a dialog box!

Confirmed.

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2003, 03:08:50 am »

When MC is maximised or windowed, I cannot put any apps in front of it, using ALT-Tab, or by clicking Taskbar buttons.

Yeah, thats funny, cause I've been experiencing the same thing, but I figured that since I did a clean system install that one of the defaults must have been to set MC as Always on Top, just never got round to looking for the option to change it. I guess there isn't one :)

Scott.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2003, 11:50:11 am »

On XP here and I am not seeing any behaviour like that described above eg the window acting like a dialog box.  In Windowed mode I do yes but that is because by default MC WIndowed mode is set to be always on top.  To change this right click and select configure display and you can uncheck the box that make it does this.

On a similar note however the media center display task bar button bug is still there.  When you put MC into windowed mode the main window is minimized.  If you restore the main window before returning the display everthing is fine.  If you return the display and allow
MC to restore itself you get an erroneous task bar button for the display...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

mjcumming

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2003, 12:13:27 pm »

Analyze is still broken.
Pages: [1]   Go Up