INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Local and Server library both displayed in theaterview at the same time  (Read 1510 times)

alspoll

• World Citizen

Recently updated to MC20 (20.0.115) from MC19 and noticed a strange issue with theaterview.

I have a local main library on my htpc and a separate video server library that i load with my movies and tv shows from my central server.

The main library only includes files and drives local to the computer and the server library with its separate files and drives.

When I initially load the server library on my htpc, it correctly displays only those files on the server. After a period of time, less than 30 minutes, the local library files are being included in the view With the server files.

I dont have the issue in reverse. Local library only displays the local files.

If I switch back tonlocal and then back to server it works again for a while and then breaks again.

Everything worked as expected in MC19 prior to the update.

Any ideas whats going on?

TIA

Al

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient

Recently updated to MC20 (20.0.115) from MC19 and noticed a strange issue with theaterview.

I have a local main library on my htpc and a separate video server library that i load with my movies and tv shows from my central server.

The main library only includes files and drives local to the computer and the server library with its separate files and drives.

When I initially load the server library on my htpc, it correctly displays only those files on the server. After a period of time, less than 30 minutes, the local library files are being included in the view With the server files.

I dont have the issue in reverse. Local library only displays the local files.

If I switch back tonlocal and then back to server it works again for a while and then breaks again.

Everything worked as expected in MC19 prior to the update.

Any ideas whats going on?

TIA

Al

If you disable auto-import entirely (in the local library as well) on the client do you still see the issue?  I ask because I've seen similar behavior in the past and disabling auto-import resolved it for me. 

alspoll

• World Citizen

Thank you, that seems to work.

Then this does look like it is a bug in MC20.

Disbaling auto import on the server is not a big deal but disabling it on the htpc is an annoyance.

I looked but it was unclear, what mcc or command line can i use to run auto import? I can map it to my remote in the interim untilthis is fixed.

Thanks again

Al

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient

My experiments suggest that you can leave it on on the server itself, but you just have to disable it entirely on the client PC.

Not sure what the MCC command number for importing is, but 23000 looks likely :http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands

alspoll

• World Citizen

Thank you.

23020 did the trick.

Please JRiver fix this bug so a 2nd step to import is not necessary.

Pages: [1]   Go Up