INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems applying update in MAC  (Read 1813 times)

Heathwood99

• Recent member
Problems applying update in MAC
« on: June 13, 2015, 11:24:52 am »

Hi there, not a massive issue, but I would like to upgrade my MC20 to the latest release 20.0.116, I am currently on 20.0.64.

When I execute the downloaded dmg, I end up with the MC application as a shortcut within the applications folder.

I thought that the resolution to this was to drag the MC application icon into the shortcut, but this seems to have no effect.

Am I missing something here? I'm fairly new to MAC,so please bear with me if I sound like a noob.

>:(

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems applying update in MAC
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 12:19:43 pm »

When you open the DMG, you should get a new window.  In that new window you should see the MC application and a shortcut to the Applications folder.  Both of these in the same window.  You might need to resize that window in order to see both clearly; in some recent builds the Applications folder is part way off of the screen until you make the window taller.

Your reasoning on what to do is correct.  Drag the new MC app into the Applications folder.  Sometimes it's tricky to get MC to drop correctly into Applications.  When you are "on target" you will see a green highlight with a + mark in the center.   If you release the mouse button when you see this, it should copy over into your Applications folder.  However, since you have an older version installed, Finder will ask you if you want to keep the older app, or replace it.  That's up to you, but you definitely have to answer one way or the other, or nothing will copy.

Good luck to you!

Brian.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 02:20:10 pm »

Never keep the older version. Always replace.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Heathwood99

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 05:20:04 pm »

Many thanks guys I will try tomorrow.

Still loving MC and JRemote btw.

;)

Heathwood99

• Recent member