INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (strange behavior to) cover art after moving files to new computer  (Read 1549 times)

Denti

• Citizen of the Universe

I built a new server, moved all my files, which were on external HDs, to the new computer, loaded the saved library from the old computer, and *viola!* it's all fine and good.

EXCEPT... that some (1 in 50 or so) albums are missing cover art. And: almost all are missing thumbnail album art. So I'm scrolling through my collection to get them all to re-appear...

EXCEPT... that every now and then (and this is the weirdest part) I'll have one thumbnail for one track on a record, but none for the others, Then, when I try to display it (covert art--> view (first file)) it plays the track instead of showing me the art, which, it turns out, is not really there (then how is it that I'm seeing it displayed?), because when I request the art "from the internet" it says no art is on the server. Weird.

What's going on here?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: (strange behavior to) cover art after moving files to new computer
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 05:01:42 pm »

The Thumbnail Cache got messed up.

Clear it and rebuild them.

Tools > Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Erase all thumbnails
Tools > Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Build Missing thumbnails

The latter will take a while. Do it and go to bed.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Denti

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 06:39:30 pm »

I tried that with a few, but it alters the tags of the files, which causes havoc in my cloud backup (which then wants to re-upload everything). I guess I'll keep scrolling and be content with that... Thanks.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 06:44:02 pm »

I tried that with a few, but it alters the tags of the files, which causes havoc in my cloud backup (which then wants to re-upload everything).

That is not correct.  I'm not sure what you were doing, but you didn't do what I said.

Cover Artwork is tagged. The Thumbnail Cache is separate from the embedded artwork, and has no impact on the files themselves or their tags. The thumbnail cache is what it is building when you scroll the content view.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up