INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bookmark track position  (Read 1862 times)

Shelly

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I love listening to music with Media Center!
Bookmark track position
« on: September 23, 2003, 04:58:03 pm »

Is there anyway to quickly and easily bookmark the current track position?  I'm presently hooked on audio books, but there are many times when I'm interrupted for one reason or another, need to reboot, or want to hear a particular music track and I don't always remember exactly where I was in the audio book track.  It would be cool if MC could remember for me.  

Shelly

Omni

Re: Bookmark track position
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 07:26:43 pm »

This may or may not be related, but a while back someone repeatedly requested the ability to specify the starting offset when playing a track.  If I recall correctly, the JRiver crew never responded to it.  :(

Anyway, given this, I doubt there is a way to bookmark a location other than keeping track of it youself.

Maybe if we all bug them enough, they will put it in by v10. ;D

Omni

sraymond

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 10:40:11 pm »

I've been a very vocal proponent of this since the early days of MJ9 (Nov '02?).  My interest is with video, but I certainly see how listening to audio books would require this feature.

My take is that those who use MC for music only don't appreciate the benefit of this feature...  and so it goes largly unnoticed.  There is still a *strong* audio bent to "The one that plays it all."

I continue to keep my fingers crossed (though I gave up on holding my breath :-))

Scott-

sraymond

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 10:46:33 pm »

Take a look at the thread http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1042266492;start=0#0

And, hey, 9.1 is out!  Or maybe Jim thought better of the birds and the bees?

Scott-

P.S.  Maybe I can start holding my breath again?

sraymond

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2003, 10:48:33 pm »

Uh-oh...  In thread http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1045270282;start=0#0, Jim said it was "big and heavy".  But that was back in February.  Maybe JRiver has spent some time in the gym since then?

Scott-

markp99

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 06:15:16 am »

Add me to list of AudioBook junkies who would just LOVE a bookmark feature! :)

Audible.com does this with their books in the iPod...

PS>>  Anyone know where I left off last in Harry Potter audiobook??  I think it was 02:50:00 or thereabouts... ;)

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2003, 06:29:14 am »

sraymond's thread above summarizes the state of this feature within MC.

FYI for any Audible people who have an iPod, this feature is built into the connection so that if you are listening to Audible files on iPod, and connecting with MC, your last played position will be remembered.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up