INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does JRiver do at the end of a file that is hanging my DAC with WAV?  (Read 1157 times)

ksalno

• Recent member

I have a DAC that is able to upgrade its firmware by sending a WAV file via a USB link from a PC or Mac. I recently downloaded the newest version of DAC fw and used JRiver on a Macbook to "play" it to my DAC. Everything went fine until it got to the very end of the file. JRiver completed transmitting the file but the DAC has a segment counter and it downloaded 191 out of 192 segments of the file but then hung. JRiver was set for exclusive access and no DSP or Bitstreaming was turned on. I attempted this several times with the same result. I think switched to a PC with JRiver and got the same result. I talked to the DAC support people and they had no clue what could be causing the DAC to hang on the last file segment in the transfer process.

In desperation I downloaded a trial version of Audirvana and used it to "play" the same WAV file on my Mac to the DAC. It worked perfectly the first time.

So there is something about what JRiver is doing at the end of a file that is creating problems with the DAC. The only thing I could think of was if JRiver is doing something weird in order to support gapless playback. Any thoughts or ideas? I don't really want to pay for a copy of Audirvana just to do a once a year fw upgrade, so I'd like to figure out how to do this with JRiver.

Any explanations or suggestions will be appreciated.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I posted a response in your original thread on the Windows board, and so did Adam.  Sorry for confusion.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up