INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Now image in Action Window?  (Read 1535 times)

brgale

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Playing Now image in Action Window?
« on: September 20, 2003, 08:39:14 am »

Is there a way to make the Action Window automatically change for track advances?  Basically, I want it to display the image associated with the file playing and automatically display the next file as the track advances.  

If this isn't a feature, I think there should be a quick toggle between having it display the selected file or the file playing now.  

-Brian

jleerigby

Re: Playing Now image in Action Window?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2003, 03:08:09 pm »

This has been requested and discussed many times before.  It won't change in 9.1.  There are those amongst us who think it should be changed and others who like it the way it is.  Try a search on this forum for ...Action Window Image Follow...

brgale

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 08:40:06 am »

So I looked around a bit more with your help on the terms to search for, and I found arguments for both sides around.    But what I couldn't find is a reason why this feature isn't incorporated in as a user's choice?   I could be put in as a right click on the image in the Action Window when you get the Image Tools and Show as Window options now.  Maybe the code for doing that is more complex than I understand, but I am still curious if there is an explanation out there.  Seems like allowing both would satisfy everyone.  Right? Wrong?
-Brian

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 03:31:48 pm »

Yep - Well Nila would certainly agree with you there.  Like I said this ain't gonna happen for 9.1 as it's a feature request and feature requests are all used up.

If it were to be an option to have the image follow the currently playing track then it would have to sit in a different place in the AW.  Currently Image sits under File Properties i.e. it's a tagging option and tagging panels should show the selected track not the playing track, otherwise we wouldn't be able to tag tracks other than the one that was currently playing.

Now I'm not against the thought of using the AW to show the image of the currently playing track or maybe even a visualisation but that would have to sit outside the File Properties option and would therefore become a new panel on the AW.  You'll just have to wait and see if it's included in v10.

brgale

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2003, 03:17:14 pm »

good point about the reorganization of the Action Window.  Okay, well, I guess I'll wait for v10 then.  'course, it won't stop me from using 9.1 now.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2003, 07:16:47 pm »

In the meantime, you can see what you want in Playing Now. You can use:

A Track Info Template that displays cover art.
A Visualization that displays cover art.
Image displays cover art when there are no images in Playing Now.

Another component in the AW is a good idea... One I actually hadn't thought of.
Pages: [1]   Go Up