INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 20 and Chord Qute EX DAC not working well together  (Read 1761 times)

Jimf1

Hi,

I have set up MC 20 on a CAPS Pipeline server. My Dac is a Chord Qute EX.  Chord recommends Kernal streaming so I set that as the driver setting.  All file types play which for me are 44.1 K,  24-96 and 24-192.  However JRiver freezes or says not responding when I hit pause or switch to another album.  Things will work fine for a very short time but this always happens happens over and over.  I have to reboot the computer to get JRiver going again.

I switched the driver to Wasapi and JRiver works fine.  However, using this driver setting only 44.1 K files will play.  24-96 and 24-192 wont play.  Is there  some settings that I can make to get the HD files playing as well?  If that can be done then everything will be fine.

Some reading has led me to believe that it could be driver issue on Chords end but not sure.  It  seems that there is a compatibility issue going on.

I have downloaded the drivers for and successfully used the following DAC's with JRiver and the CAPS with no issues.  The OPPO 105 (which I own) and the Chord 2Qute which I borrowed and auditioned.  Only problems encountered are with the Qute EX.  Latest drivers are installed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up