INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble burning CD audio disks keeping getting CDA files instead of audio tracks  (Read 1630 times)

Dmcxx

• Recent member

I'm trying to burn a copy of From the Vault - Live from the Marquis Club to play in my car.  I have it on my library as a FLAC file.  I'm choosing the option to burn Audio CD and it just keeps burning the CD in less than a minute giving me CDA files.  I understand that they are essentially pointer files not the actual audio files that I want.  I want to be able to play this on any CD player.  The CD's that my burner is giving me are unplayable.  Also, I'm trying to burn the CD's from music stored on a library server on another computer.  Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

If you burn a music CD, you'll get CDA files.  That's the type of files that Windows reports on an audio burn.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dmcxx

• Recent member

Thank you for your response.   Since I've tried unsuccessfully to play these in CD players,  are you telling me I need to use another program to create an audio cd playable in my car?

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen

I know from personal experience that some car and portable CD players do not like CD-R's and will not read them. Will the CD play in any other CD player besides your car.

From what you have said the CD is being created correctly and it shouldn't make any difference what software is used to burn the CD. You could try another brand of CD-R's as they are not all created equal.

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Re:
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 12:23:03 pm »

Are you creating a multi session disc or finalising the disc after writing music to them. I've seen some players that won't play a disc if it hasn't been finalised.

Dmcxx

• Recent member

I was finalizing them. I solved my problem by switching to another computer in my house.  Same settings.  I don't believe the other drive is bad but I got tired of making coasters so I moved on.  Thanks for all your help. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up