INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing Pono w/card  (Read 3022 times)

l8mdl

• Recent member
Syncing Pono w/card
« on: June 23, 2015, 03:03:48 pm »

I have a Pono with a 64gb card installed. I am keeping my Pono downloads on the main drive and my CD rips on the card. After adding files through a CD rip, when starting to sync, it shows the main drive as synced and lists only the Pono downloads when "details" is clicked (which seems to be correct).

However, when "Details" is clicked on the card "drive" it shows BOTH the CD rips as "on device" AND the Pono HiRes files as "In Queue", causing an "over capacity" on the card before trying to sync. In other words, PMW is bringing the HiRes files over from the main device and trying to re-sync them on the card even though they are on the device already on the main drive.

I have worked around this by selecting the Hires files on the card and deleting them from the sync list (it's easy at this point since the Pono files have the "blue light" icon). It seems to me that the drive and the card should be kept separate and a sync should apply to both the device and the card at the same time. Any help would be appreciated.

This occurs each time the Pono is started in PMW.

drummaman

Re: Syncing Pono w/card
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 06:47:33 pm »

I8mdl -
Did you find a work-around for syncing the card separately from the on-board memory?

I was surprised to find that every single artist and song were queued up for syncing on the internal memory...!

I went through and deleted all of the files queued as they are already on the card.

(I am ripping CDs to FLAC files, and putting those on the card, but anything HD or DSD I'm storing on the on-board memory - at least until it runs out...)

I'm going to watch on the next rip to see if it automatically queues up the FLAC files for syncing with the on-board memory.

That should be an option somewhere, but I cannot find it.

Thanks,
MG

l8mdl

• Recent member
Re: Syncing Pono w/card
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 11:50:52 am »

My "fix" is to quit using PMW and just drag-n-drop my files. PMW will be used for firmware upgrades and downloading Pono store purchases. It also is good for CD rips. But for syncing? Not a chance!

As I understand the system, the current firmware sees the unit and the card as two separate drives, which makes sense. BUT - it will not sync simultaneously which is stupid. Maybe next version...
Pages: [1]   Go Up