INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brute force Copy to another computer question vs. Synch  (Read 1396 times)

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck
Brute force Copy to another computer question vs. Synch
« on: June 24, 2015, 07:04:41 pm »

Hello,

I maintain my main JRiver library on my office computer connected to a large 24TB NAS. I also have a Surface Tablet on my network and that has a 128GB SD card in it. I used the Copy/Move function of JRiver to copy all my 4 and 5 star songs over to my Surface. It worked great but it took it 12 hours, but thats ok.

Over the next few weeks I suppose I will have marked a few thousand additional songs as 4 or 5 stars on my 24TB NAS and I will want to append those songs also onto my Surface... My question is this...

When JRiver is doing a Copy operation like this, is it smart enough to see that a file already exists in the destination folder and skip over that one? I'm asking because I dont want to have to wait 12 hours every time I want to synch the drive on my Surface.

Is there an actual Synch method I should be using instead of a brute force Copy? Is it possible to "synch" to a drive letter as opposed to a player device like an iPod? So that it will intelligently only transfer the files that actually changed or need to be added and not all of them every time?

Thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up