INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internet Radio Not Displaying In Gizmo/WebGizmo/JRemote  (Read 6950 times)

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Internet Radio Not Displaying In Gizmo/WebGizmo/JRemote
« on: June 20, 2015, 02:54:56 am »

Hi, I have a problem that I have been struggling with for quite a while and is really doing my head in trying to figure it out so I thought it was about time I sought some advice.

I have various internet radio stations set up in MC which all play back fine on the MC server and will also play back on remote devices if playback is initiated from the MC server. All the entries are tagged with a 'Media Sub Type' set to 'Radio' and I have a separate library view under 'Audio' named 'Internet Radio' which has a 'Rule for file display' set to 'Media Sub Type - Is - Radio'.
This part all works fine on the MC server. However, my problem occurs when I try to setup a customized view for Gizmo / WebGizmo in options. If I add a 'Library Item From Standard View' and select 'Audio\Internet Radio' I don't get anything displayed in the relevant view in Gizmo / WebGizmo. Even if I setup a new library view on the server to display all audio and that view on the server shows all my audio tracks AND all the internet radio stations, the subsequent view in Gizmo will only show the audio tracks but not the internet radio stations.

I have tried lots of different configurations but I just cannot get any Internet Radio stations to show up in Gizmo.

If anyone could offer any help I would be extremely grateful before I pull the rest of my hair out.

Russell

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Internet Radio Not Displaying In Gizmo/WebGizmo/JRemote
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 03:26:32 am »

Try adding the stations to a playlist and playing the playlist from the remotes.

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 03:28:21 am »

Try adding the stations to a playlist and playing the playlist from the remotes.
Thanks jim, I'll give it a go and let you know.

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 04:41:33 am »

Ok, I've added all the internet radio stations to a playlist and this is now working in Gizmo (sort of).

The problem now is that in the custom view setup for Gizmo you only have the option to add all the playlists. You don't seem to be able to select individual playlists to add or even filter the display afterwards. So, in Gizmo I just see all my playlists all bundled together with no apparent way to filter or sort them.

Is there any way of filtering which playlists are displayed or another way of achieving what I'm after.

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 02:14:07 am »

Has anyone got any more suggestions on this.

Any reason why the internet radio stations don't show up in the original library views in Gizmo in the first place. Is this due to my configuration and, if so, could I change it so that they do appear.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 02:56:48 am »

Only because it is unimplemented.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 06:15:42 am »

Yup, they only show up in Playlists (this is how I have it configured both for Radio and TV Stations).

Woops - they can show up in both Playlists and Custom Views (see down a couple of posts)!
JRiver CEO Elect

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 10:05:49 am »

Only because it is unimplemented.
Thanks for the straight answer Jim. At least I now know that I'm wasting my time trying to get it to work.

Yup, they only show up in Playlists (this is how I have it configured both for Radio and TV Stations).
Thanks jmone. Is there any way to filter the playlists then or only show the ones I want.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 05:04:20 am »

I have all mine (just a half dozen) in one Playlist View so it is easy for me to just visually select the one I want from the list and play it.  I'm not sure what you to do, but you could have multiple Playlists if you have many call stuff like Radio - Jazz, Radio - Pop etc....  Does this work?
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 05:35:02 am »

I also had a quick play on how to group them by type if that helps
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 05:49:00 am »

Sorry - led you astray saying it is a Playlist (an old way)....  :-[  It is actually a custom View that just shows Radio Streams.  I checked and what I've done is created a new View in Std View (see pic) and then added that in the Media Network (and you could also in Theaterview).  All good!

I (thought) this was in the Wiki or a post but I can not find it so will add to the Wiki on the Weekend.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 04:30:37 pm »

Nathan, you sir are an absolute star. That is exactly what I was after.

This is essentially what I was doing in the first place albeit unsuccessfully. However I was creating the new 'Radio Stations' view under 'Audio' instead of at the root level. With it under 'Audio' the resulting view in Gizmo / WebGizmo was empty. The same view added to TheaterView would display fine.

However by creating the same custom view at the root level and adding it to the Gizmo views in 'Media Network' all the radio stations display fine in Gizmo, WebGizmo and JRemote.

I'm not sure why this anomaly exists and the view only works when created at the root level but I'm just glad it is working now.

Thanks very much for your help Nathan. I really appreciate it.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 05:22:47 pm »

I have it implemented in standard view as Nathan suggestions and have my Internet Radio view under Audio. It shows in Gizmo, once you add it in Media Network options. Not sure what your issue was, but it should work.

I do have one issue, and that is how to add entries to this type of view easily. If I have a streaming url, I would like to essentially create a new entry in the view on the fly so I can just put the url in as the filename or web media url, without having to add it to a playlist. Basically, like adding a track to an album. Any easy way to create such an new entry for the new view?

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 01:04:45 am »

I have it implemented in standard view as Nathan suggestions and have my Internet Radio view under Audio. It shows in Gizmo, once you add it in Media Network options. Not sure what your issue was, but it should work.

That is very strange then. I have created the same custom view twice, one at root level and one under Audio, both with the same settings and one shows up fine in Gizmo and the other one is empty. Very strange but I'm not going to loose sleep over it.

I do have one issue, and that is how to add entries to this type of view easily. If I have a streaming url, I would like to essentially create a new entry in the view on the fly so I can just put the url in as the filename or web media url, without having to add it to a playlist. Basically, like adding a track to an album. Any easy way to create such an new entry for the new view?

The way I do it is as follows. If you have a url playing and showing in 'Playing Now' then just set the tags correctly in the 'Playing Now' screen and then just drag the entry up to your 'Internet Radio' view. The reason I say to tag it correctly first is that if you don't it can disappear because of the view filters in place. For instance I differentiate internet radio streams from other audio by having the 'Media Sub Type' set to 'Radio' and my 'Internet Radio' view set to only display this media sub type. So if I don't set the 'Media Sub Type' to 'Radio' in the now playing screen it won't show when I drag it up to the custom view.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 06:43:11 am »

The way I do it is as follows. If you have a url playing and showing in 'Playing Now' then just set the tags correctly in the 'Playing Now' screen and then just drag the entry up to your 'Internet Radio' view. The reason I say to tag it correctly first is that if you don't it can disappear because of the view filters in place. For instance I differentiate internet radio streams from other audio by having the 'Media Sub Type' set to 'Radio' and my 'Internet Radio' view set to only display this media sub type. So if I don't set the 'Media Sub Type' to 'Radio' in the now playing screen it won't show when I drag it up to the custom view.

Yes, that works. What I was hoping to find was a way to create the entry without playing the station, just by creating a database entry and pasting the ulr into the filename tag. I am not sure such a option exists. It would just save the few steps when I have the url available, but it is not not a big deal if I have to play the station to create the entry in the database.
Pages: [1]   Go Up