INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Saving Tag Changes"  (Read 2103 times)

lendall

• Recent member
  • Pour notre Malheur, le monde est réel
"Saving Tag Changes"
« on: June 24, 2015, 06:10:46 pm »

I notice that there have been a couple of threads on this topic in the past, but I cannot find any substantive response from Administrators.  My experience appears to be similar to that of other MC users.  In brief, when I import files (in this case audio files) into MC I generally do analysis (for files that have not already been analyzed by MC) and then tag the files  in various ways -- add comments, composer, country, producer, genre, artist, etc.  Tagging in MC appears to be a rather resource-intensive process:  It can take up 50% of my quad CPU's power.  If I tag files and then quit MC, I usually get a "savings tag changes" message on my screen that stays there for a long time.  If I check to see what my system is doing, I again see a huge use of system resources.  BTW, if I tag for genre, etc., and then try to attach cover art (select it from the JRiver cover art folder in Application Data), MC slows down to the point it almost freezes or crashes. If I wait until all the tag changes have been saved there is no problem attaching cover art.   I would not mind this so much if I had some understanding as to what is going on.  (I noticed in another thread on this topic a user mentioning that there are similar issues in iTunes.  I don't use iTunes or any media library organization system other than JRiver, so I have no experience with this.) 

Thanks for any insights.
Intel D975XBX2
Intel Quad Core 2 Extreme 06800 2.93Ghz
MAudio Audiophile Sound Card
XP, SP3
Preamplifier:  6SN7, all stages regulated, stepped attenuator; D.T.N. Williamson Amplifier, 12SN7, 6SN7, 807W (push-pull), Acrosound transformers  initial gain stage with regulated filaments; Speakers Cary Audio (3 way); System B:  Bottlehead Paramour amps with iron upgrade, nos RCA 2A3s; Bottlehead "Sex" speakers (Fostex FE 166E's, two Dayton Audio powered 10" subwoofers).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Saving Tag Changes"
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 08:14:24 pm »

Sorry for the trouble. This is NOT normal behavior and is the primary focus of many of the troubleshooting steps in the Troubleshooting Guide:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Troubleshooting_Guide

These kinds of issues are most commonly caused by:
* Interference by a security program (anti-virus or other similar tools)
* Storing your Library on a slow or external disk
* Permissions or filesystem issues on your boot volume or media storage disk.

These items are covered in the Guide. Please work through that and report back if you are unable to solve the issue.  Thanks!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up