INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Use REW to measure jriver output  (Read 1880 times)

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
Use REW to measure jriver output
« on: June 24, 2015, 09:41:16 pm »

Hi all,
I asked this question before but still unable to get REW to measure jriver output.  In REW, I use asio4all as device/driver, I have AMD HDMI output selected in window as default device (I also have jriver MC20 sound card shown 'ready' here).   I am using jriver MC20-105 (I think) bass management along with a low shelf filter and would like to be able to see my FR with these in place to compare.  In jriver, I have selected AMD HDMI output [Wasapi] as audio device (I also have asio4all and Default Audio device [direct sound] as options here).  I also have WDM checked in jriver under general/features. In REW output drop down choice, I have HD audio output 1 to 8 and JRVAD WAVE1 to 8.  I can measure if I choose HD audio output 1-8 but that does not route sound thru jriver.  If I choose the JRVAD, I can see the sweep but no sound; therefore incorect graph.
Some has suggested to use the java as device/driver in REW but when I do this, the REW input is grayed out (can't see my umik-1 usb mic).  Can someone shed some light to help me get this to work please?  TIA.

natehansen66

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Use REW to measure jriver output
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 12:01:27 pm »

Do you have JRiver set as the default device in widows?

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Use REW to measure jriver output
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 01:44:49 pm »

No.  I thought I even tried that and it did not work either.

natehansen66

• World Citizen
Re: Use REW to measure jriver output
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 08:34:12 am »

I'd give it another shot, making sure you have JRiver selected as the windows default device and that you have it selected in REW as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up