INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which tags get transferred when using MC's converter?  (Read 3107 times)

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Which tags get transferred when using MC's converter?
« on: June 27, 2015, 02:12:47 am »

I've been using foobar2000 to fill discogs data to my albums and then used MC to add other metadata and convert from FLAC to Vorbis. I just noticed that not all of the tags get transferred to newly made oggs. I haven't mapped all the tags to MC's library fields but it would be nice to have them also in my lossy files in case I decide to use them later when I have nothing else to tag  ;D

lepa

• MC Beta Team
Re: Which tags get transferred when using MC's converter?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 08:43:48 am »

bump. I think that existing tags should be transferred to the transcoded file

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 11:55:18 am »

i haven't made an ogg but making mp3 (or m4a, flac) 100% of tags transfer over...

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 06:19:15 am »

bump

@ferday
Did you have only tags that are mapped to MC DB. That is the key here. I think that transcoding should preserve also the tags that are not tied to MC.

Paul Coddington

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 03:30:13 am »

I've been using foobar2000 to fill discogs data to my albums and then used MC to add other metadata and convert from FLAC to Vorbis. I just noticed that not all of the tags get transferred to newly made oggs. I haven't mapped all the tags to MC's library fields but it would be nice to have them also in my lossy files in case I decide to use them later when I have nothing else to tag  ;D

I've just attempted converting WMA Lossless to FLAC in the latest version of MC21 and a lot of compatible metadata is being thrown away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up