INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac mini connected to a multi-channel audio video systems as a media server to J River?  (Read 1428 times)

Jerry Secor

I am thinking about using a Mac mini to serve as a data server to be used in a home theater application. Anyone using it? What user interface do you use to control it? iPad, iPhone?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

A Mac can serve files to a PC, both using MC.  Start by reading the topic called Media Network on the wiki.  Use MC's Library Server on the Mac.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

I only have a little bit of experience with remote control programs for JRiver, but I can get you started in the right direction to do some research of your own.  JRemote is the iOS program of choice for JRiver (runs on ipad and iphone).  People seem to really really like it.  I haven't seen it in action yet, just pictures.

http://www.jremote.com/

On android you have several choices:  The new JRemote for Android (only out for a few months now).  Gizmo (free, so doesn't cost anything to try or use), and EOSremote (limited evaluation for free).  All should work on Android phones and tablets, but I haven't tried any on a tablet myself.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up