INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I thought I purchased a Master License  (Read 1597 times)

djd828

• Recent member
I thought I purchased a Master License
« on: July 02, 2015, 03:04:40 pm »

Good afternoon those that monitor this support site--

When I purchased JRiver in January 2015, I was under the impression that I purchased the Master license that would allow me to load the program on a Mac and a PC.  I distinctly remember a special offer I took advantage of that allowed me to do that.  I installed it on a Windows PC in January and finally purchased a Mac and tried to install it and received a message that the license wont work on a Mac.  Anyone from JRiver here that can research for me?

Thanks,

Dave

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: I thought I purchased a Master License
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 03:28:19 pm »

I don't work for JRiver, I'm just trying to help you out with this.  So I don't know what kind of license you do or don't have.

When you get your license Key, it will tell you what kind of license it is.  If you still have the email that came in, that would be a clue.  But the Key isn't enough.  You need a license Install Key.  To do that, you do what JRiver calls a "license restore".  Go to the restore page, fill out the form, and it will email you a new Install Key File.  These Install Key Files are good for 2 weeks and can be used to activate JRiver MC on several computers during that time.  (Like if you had a computer at home, one in your home theater, and one at your office that you wanted to license, you could use this file to activate them all within a 2 week period.)

After the 2 weeks is up, the Install Key File won't work anymore, but the computers you activated with it, will continue to be licensed.  I hope this process makes sense.  I had a hard time figuring it out at first!

Here's the restore page where you should get started:

https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi

Also note that when you get the Install Key File via email (after requesting one on the Restore Page), it will tell you what type of license it is.  So you can see if you have a Master License, or some other kind.

Good luck to you.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 03:51:19 pm »

You purchased a Windows license.

djd828

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 12:37:27 pm »

Thanks Jim---is there an upgrade path to a Master license so I can use this MC on both my Mac and PC?

Thanks,

Dave

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Pages: [1]   Go Up