INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha Receiver RX A830 not auto detecting DD/DTS broadcast from cable box  (Read 2977 times)

Zoe

Hi,

I have just bought a Yamaha Receiver Model RX A830 and set up with a 4K HD TV and HD Sky (Cable) box with HDMI cables. 

When there are programmes broadcast from Sky box in DD/DTS the receiver does not detect the correct sound format of the broadcast. Instead the receiver shows various other formats on the display, other than the correct broadcast signal. 

I know there are options to change the sound format manually on the receiver, but I have set the receiver to auto detect the broadcast format and it is not working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

decks

• Recent member

Sky does not broadcast in dts only dolby dd/ not all programs are dolby dd. check your sky box audio is sending out Dolby dd via the hdmi if you cant get it working via hdmi use the optical output.

On most av amps you have to  assign hdmi to an input. So hdmi 1 2 3 etc on your amp can use optical hdmi or coxial, but you have to tell it what to use. if you cant get it going, phone your dealer who sold it to you.

decks

• Recent member

Check out page 79 on your manual

Zoe

Hi Decks,

Thanks very much. All sorted  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up