INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Breaks HTPC System  (Read 1684 times)

TopDownDriver

• World Citizen
JRiver Breaks HTPC System
« on: July 05, 2015, 12:37:55 pm »

I was having issues with my IR controlling a HTPC.  Some buttons would work while others did not.  This is on Windows 8.1.  Skip, Repeat, Stop, Mute and Volume +-, were not working.  I was pulling my hair out.  New IR drivers, swapping USB ports, etc.  Nothing fixed the problem.  Then I went through disabling services - still nothing.  Then I stopped programs from loading at startup.  When I removed JRiver from startup - everything was fixed!  All IR commands worked perfectly!

Now, I use the same computer for my Media Center music and HTPC as they are both connected to the system in my media room.  So, it is not possible to remove JRiver from the system.  It actually serves three other PCs in the house with JRiver.  I also tried to configure the IR services in JRiver and turning off the devices it found did nothing (still no IR).  When trying to actually configure the IR in JRiver (which also has MCE running) it can not find the IR saying it is not installed (though it is and is working).

The question is how do I get JRiver to STOP interfering with IR commends in Widows Media Center?  I can prevent the server from loading at startup, but then all my other JRiver functions are down throughout the house.

I am currently running JR-19, but have confirmed the identical problem in JR-20!

Can you help me?  

TopDownDriver

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Breaks HTPC System
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 02:49:15 pm »

Has no one else run into this problem?  Looking for a fix!

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 02:53:46 pm »

In Options > Theater View, did you uncheck "Disable Windows Media Center"?
Adam Thompson, JRiver

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 04:51:55 pm »

Has no one else run into this problem?  Looking for a fix!

Techically the issue is with WMC, not MC - WMC doesn't grab the IR commands when it is the front running program like it should and lets other programs grab them first.  If WMC and iTunes (or any other playback software) are the only things running on the machine the same thing happens with WMC letting iTunes process the commands.

The fix is to use EventGhost or GIRDER or similar to manage the IR commands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up