INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist Name Order  (Read 1195 times)

Wilderness81

Playlist Name Order
« on: July 05, 2015, 07:14:31 pm »

Hi all.

I'm new to JRiver and having a small issue with how it displays my playlists by name.  I'm sure there's just an option I need to change in regards to its sorting, but I can't find it and unfortunately my searching of google and this forum finds a lot of other playlist related information but not what I am looking for.

Right now, by default, my playlists are displayed alphabetically, but in reverse numerical order within the name.  I'm probably not explaining that well though, so here's how I name my playlists:

Artist -1- Random Mix
Artist -2- Unreleased
Artist -3- Favorites

That way my playlists for each artist are sorted the way that I want them in.  However, after importing them into JRiver, they show as:

Artist -3- Favorites
Artist -2- Unreleased
Artist -1- Random Mix

All my lists are alphabetical by Artist name, but then when it sorts within those artist names it goes in backwards numerical order.  Where can I change this setting so it will display -1- first, -2- second, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playlist Name Order
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 08:48:57 pm »

That's really, really weird.  I just confirmed the exact behavior you are describing.  It sorts the numbers backwards when you make a list name like you describe.  It's interesting also because I can't find any way to manually sort, or otherwise alter it, even though there are two lists at the top of my Playlists entry (Top Hits and Recently Played) that are sorted above all the rest.  I wonder what controls that?

All that said, I've figured out to sort how you want it to.  It's the dash character that's breaking the sort.  If you just put a space after the first dash, everything behaves as you'd expect.  Example:

Artist - 1 - Foo
Artist - 9 - Bar
Artist - 36 - Bazz

Sorts by the numbers as I have them listed.

Brian.

Wilderness81

Re: Playlist Name Order
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 11:17:59 pm »

Thanks, that does do the trick!
Pages: [1]   Go Up