INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming JRemote on iOS to friends..  (Read 895 times)

sdmarquart

• World Citizen
Streaming JRemote on iOS to friends..
« on: July 05, 2015, 09:11:30 pm »

First off, JRemote is the most amazing app for streaming music (high res) from my JRiver Server through the iOS app with 320 Kbps conversion. It always sounds fabulous through various streaming devices. Here's an important query: Even with the advent of Spotify, Pandora, and other new streaming sites like apple music - I'm still uninterested in those services since I've built my digital library to my own liking. Is it a problem to share your library with friends and family? Currently, my girlfriend downloaded the app and streams my library on a daily basis. I asked some friends if they wanted to get in on my library. They all agreed I had more to offer than the streaming sites.. So, if 10 friends of mine bought and downloaded the app to stream my library - what are the repercussions? I'm pretty sure once they heard the app they would look at getting a master license for the home PC's. Does this violate the JRiver code of ethics even though you're getting new subscribers? And, what effect would it have to have multiple people streaming from my "NAS" at once? Is this something JRiver embraces? I'll never go to those streaming sites since I'm happy with my local library of music currently around 4TB worth of music.
Food for thought. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Spencer
Pages: [1]   Go Up