INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: issue with audio and playlist opening  (Read 999 times)

pfm555

• World Citizen
issue with audio and playlist opening
« on: July 06, 2015, 09:53:32 am »

When I select Audio or Playlist in Theater View with my remote there is a long delay before they open. Videos and Images open immediately. It acts like the drives that hold the music have to spin up. The  windows taskbar appears during this delay. This did not happen in the past but seems to occur whenever a drive has to spin up now. Don't know if this is an additional glitch. I understand the delay if the drive has to spin up. This typically occurs when you actually select a specific movie to play. It has not occurred when I have selected a specific library view. I have both movies and music on the drive . I have selected and played a movie from the drive to make sure the drive is spinning. The delay still happens when either the audio or playlist is selected. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: issue with audio and playlist opening
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 07:56:29 am »

Strange, especially the taskbar appearance.
Looks all OK when you browse the inventory in Normal View?
I would suggest to check from bottoms up:
HW healthy...
Check Win EventLog for anything out of the ordinary...
Possibly run a chkdsk /f on all your drives...
Build the thumbnails in MC, if not already done (see Help > System Info... Thumbnails built for actual status)
Maybe run a benchmark test and compare with earlier results; System Info as well
If you have a clue when this behaviour started approximately, start to rollback...
...Theater View config
...Library itself

Please post after you sorted it out, I'm curious.
Pages: [1]   Go Up