INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with rename in hand held sync (20.0.124) - Resolved  (Read 1117 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Not sure when this happened but there is an issue with the rename options in handheld sync.  I have at least one album that start with '...' and that has always been problematic when syncing to hand helds.  For handheld sync, under Options > Files Paths & More > Audio Path, I have the expression 'REPLACE([Artist]\[Album],...,_)\'.  In the past this has replaced "..." with "_".  Now it is replacing "..." with "_.." instead.  If I plug 'REPLACE([Artist]\[Album],...,_)\' into the expression editor it does return "_" properly so it is only happening as part of the hand held sync options.

I just did a full wipe/resync of the hand held this week and got this:

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: Problem with rename in hand held sync (20.0.124)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 09:55:40 pm »

More info:  The replace function in Sync is only doing this if the '...' is at the front of the string.  I found two albums that have this and both are doing the same thing ...Album becomes _..Album.  The album 'To Be Continued... [Box Set]' is correctly changed to 'To Be Continued_ [Box Set]'.  'Exit...Stage Left' also correctly becomes 'Exit_Stage Left'.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: Problem with rename in hand held sync (20.0.124) - Resolved
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 12:31:18 pm »

Finally figured it out.  The 'new normal' is for a . at the start of a path item to be replaced with _.  So to replace ... with _ I need to now replace both ... to _ and _.. to _.
Pages: [1]   Go Up