INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio playback details display  (Read 1193 times)

Boltron

• Junior Woodchuck
Audio playback details display
« on: July 07, 2015, 09:31:27 am »

I am getting rid of my AVR. My video now goes direct to my TV and audio from sound device direct to my power amps. I use MC strictly in Theater View primarily for movies and TV shows. I also play some music but not so much.

I really like to know what my audio and video streams are when I am watching. For video madVR gives me great detail with ^J (programmed on my remote). However for audio I get nothing. Is it 2,6,8 channel in, what is the out (from zones), what Codec (DTS, AC3, TrueHD etc...), what the DSP is doing... The LAV Audio status has some great info but it requires me to drop out of full screen to open the tray app with a mouse. I only use a remote, my keyboard/mouse is tucked away normally.

There is an old plugin called LCDSmartie which looks like it would have been great I can't get to work with MC20. Ideally I would love to be able to have a madVR ^J equivalent for audio. I am even willing to have a separate stand-alone app that I could setup on a second small monitor off my video card. Even Gizmo or JRemote would do. Finally, I use Girder for automation and the remote functions, maybe someone has an integration with it.

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions on what for me is a huge gap?
For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Audio playback details display
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 09:52:22 am »

Currently all of this information is displayed in Mediacenter's standard view window in the "Audio Path" section (a button that looks like three faders in the upper left region of the screen).  I don't know of a way to display this information in Theater View currently. 

You can get information about file type and certain tag information through the MCWS automation interface, so you might be able to script something that would tell you the channels and the codec, but I don't know of a way to display current DSP or other processing through MCWS.

The standard view audio path is the current "repository" of the info, but unfortunately requires a mouse to use at the moment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up