INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to import hex/ccf-commands to the remote function?  (Read 1376 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe

Some remote functions are not available on the remote controlling the device, but you can get them online as hex/ccf-commands (things like discrete on or off, or "set volume et 20%"), I think MC has the ability to import these hex/ccf-codes, since i already some commands that doesn't seem to be of the type that is one the "native remote" for the product. However when i was trying to add some more commands now, I couldn't find that function. So does this ability exist in MC, or am I just remembering wrong? (I had another thread on this, but I can't seem to find it  ?)

Boltron

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Is it possible to import hex-commands to the remote function?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 03:41:46 am »

I don't have an answer for your question but I can tell you that the hex commands are called CCF codes.

There are web sites like www.remotecentral.com where you can get codes for many devices and there is a utility called CCF Tools which can read .CCF files and dump text. I use Girder and it accepts CCF codes. Again I know this doesn't answer your question but maybe it can help.
For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert.

flac.rules

Re: Is it possible to import hex/ccf-commands to the remote function?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 03:52:04 am »

Thanks for the tip, I have changed the topic to make it clearer.

flac.rules

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 09:27:10 am »

I got it to work, you have to Add a new blaster command, cancel the learning, and choose "import pronto". which seems to be the same as the CCF/Hex codes.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 11:39:55 am »

The codes used by the now discontinued Philips Pronto remotes are know as pronto hex codes. There were the most common use of this format and have been adopted by others. Pronto Hex and Hex are generally two names for the same thing. The most common code is NEC or NEC1 format, although there are others like RC5, RECS80. There are short and long form Pronto hex codes. At one time, Pronto touch screen remotes were pretty much the industry standard for custom remotes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up