INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using version 21 license before it comes out?  (Read 2216 times)

never2clever

• Recent member
Using version 21 license before it comes out?
« on: July 10, 2015, 07:40:22 am »

I have been a long time Windows user, but the last version I bought was 19.

I just pre-ordered ver 21, and bought a master license (since I now have a Mac as well).

My new master license for 21 does not work with version 20 (I have the trial installed on my Mac, but the trial has expired). MC accepts the code, and emails me a new mjr file, but still says my trial period has expired. I guess it makes sense (a 21 license is not for older versions).

Is there something I can do to have Media Center on my mac until 21 is available?
(I thought in the past, pre-order licenses also worked with the current version - but I could be remembering incorrectly)
(if it matters, the version of MC20 I am running has not been updated in a long time - will current builds allow me to use my new key?)

Thank you,

Mike

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Using version 21 license before it comes out?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 07:52:44 am »

Did you install the latest Mac version?  If you haven't, download it from the top of the Mac board.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

never2clever

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 07:56:18 am »

That did the trick! awesome! thank you!

mg

abolit

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 08:20:31 am »

I don't understand. I paid for 19 version, then for 20 and now you're requesting money for version 21.
 The 21 is better than 20. Of course it is. It's called an update and I don't see the reason to force  the users to pay again for ver 21.  I don't pay apple to update my iTune. I don't pay Amarra either .
If you want to get some money the best way to do so (in my opinion) is donation. Let people decide whether to support you or not.
Again - it's my opinion only. don't want to fight with anybody. If you decide that's the way you should go - it's up to you.

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 08:44:12 am »

This might help to understand the business model: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81987.0

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 08:46:30 am »

I don't understand. I paid for 19 version, then for 20 and now you're requesting money for version 21.
 The 21 is better than 20. Of course it is. It's called an update and I don't see the reason to force  the users to pay again for ver 21.  I don't pay apple to update my iTune. I don't pay Amarra either .
If you want to get some money the best way to do so (in my opinion) is donation. Let people decide whether to support you or not.
Again - it's my opinion only. don't want to fight with anybody. If you decide that's the way you should go - it's up to you.
You aren't being forced to do anything.  Your software and license will work indefinitely.
Pages: [1]   Go Up