INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving MC - Questions - Edited.  (Read 914 times)

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Moving MC - Questions - Edited.
« on: September 21, 2003, 05:33:10 pm »

I'm going to install a new motherboard and chipset and want to make sure I don't lose any of my MC data and settings. I am still only an "advanced' newbie in the computer world with just enough knowlege and experience to get me in trouble so any help/hints would be apreciated.

Win2k, MC9 and all my other apps are on HD "C".(this is the primary drive), however Win2k has some corruption problems, (computer crashes when I go to Full screen when streaming Win Media).

All media is stored on HD "D". no apps on this drive.

I want to add a 20g HD that I have and install win2k and my other apps on it, and make it the primary HD

After "cleaning"  the "C" drive of all traces of Win2k, I want to put MC9 back on this drive along with a couple of other media apps.

Here's a few questions:

1. Do I copy MC, (after backing up the library), to my Media"D"drive, then after  "wiping" the "C" drive clean, can I move MC back to the "C" HD? Or do I reinstall MC and copy the files back into it?

2. Can the 20g drive be named "B", or will I have to rename "C" HD so the 20g will       be primary?

3. Do I use "find /Replace" after MC is returned to "C" HD or only if "C" is renamed?

4. Is it best to wait to install 9.1 untill I have 9.0 back up running and stable, or should go right to 9.1? Will my library, cover art(stored in album folders), replay gain, have to be re-imported and re-analyzed?

Thanks in advance and sorry about the length of this post, Jay.

Media Center Registered 9.0.180 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1201 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 303 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-32123S         Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive F: TDK      CDRW4800B          Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up