INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 133887 times)

rito

• Recent member
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2015, 02:59:54 am »

+1 for
sidecar files for SACD iso and dff files and integration for lossless streaming services

Moved my music collection to a NAS and now I have to re-import and "re-tag" hundreds of SACDs. The horror...

Besides during the re-analyzing of the SACD isos Media Center crashed:

"Faulting application name: Media Center 20.exe, version: 20.0.124.0, time stamp: 0x55930772
Faulting module name: in_dsd.dll, version: 20.0.124.0, time stamp: 0x5593002e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000a5baa"

Which destroyed the whole library.

Sidecar files would really be great. The only reason for me to buy the upgrade to 21 is the hope, that you will find a solution. I personally have no interest in new video features. Media Center is a great audio application, there are loads of good video solutions around. But to each his own...

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2015, 04:03:27 am »

Album is a central concept in MC. But there is still no easy way for albums to show their average rating. So I wish for an easy/user friendly way to achieve album thumbnail views showing album ratings, preferably with some graphical elements, like the regular MC stars.

Thanks!                   

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2015, 08:45:57 am »

I thought it might be good to look at introducing some win10 style skins in the up coming year.   I've not moved to W10 yet but see its style.  I would like to see some dimmed room and night time skins.  Dark grey, Dark-grey-blue tint,  with orange and or blue marine button colors.  Blue's and orange's and some green's seem to fit well with dark grey themes.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

SilverLitz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2015, 12:37:34 pm »

Have the ability to have several PEQ filter setting saved, with a user set name, and have the ability to quickly switch between this PEQ's.  These could be to listen to see if the new PEQ sounds better/worse than the prior, or it could be different EQ for Headphones vs. desktop monitor speakers, or even different speakers and/or speaker placements.

Have the easy ability to import the PEQ filters from Room EQ Wizard, without having to hand enter.

In the DSP Output Format selection, have DSD64, DSD128, ... as an input in the Sample Rate window, in addition to the PCM sample rates.

When you have selected an Artist, have the ability to play the Albums in sequential order based on Date, instead of just based on alphabetic sort of Album names.

mgh12

« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2015, 12:58:35 pm »

Enhanced compatibility with McIntosh 8000 Integrated Amplifier. I have playback issues on both PCs I try to use. I would be eternally grateful.

rammingspeed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2015, 02:35:03 pm »

A reliable, full featured EPG source.

cfineman

• Recent member
FR: Send IR codes on zone switch
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2015, 04:33:25 pm »

Here's something I requested previously... Sending IR codes on Zone Switch: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85798.0

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2015, 04:53:41 pm »

A reliable, full featured EPG source.
If someone ever creates the first one, be sure to let us know !

Houckster

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Feature Requests - Record Streaming Audio
« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2015, 09:30:18 am »

KSTUART writes:
This has been supported in MC for years.

Actually, no it hasn't.  This feature was removed with MC18.

See https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98146.0

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2015, 11:02:41 am »

Rules windows (play doctor, file displays) could also have a check button to enable disable a rule without deleting it. Also, I'm not sure if it can be done already, I haven't managed to, but it'd be great if the same playlist could be replayed both to a local output and a network player (another pc on the network, for example) at the same time.

kstuart

Re: Feature Requests - Record Streaming Audio
« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2015, 03:27:48 pm »

KSTUART writes:
Actually, no it hasn't.  This feature was removed with MC18.

See https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98146.0
You said "Youtube".   MC20 has Youtube downloading (although dedicated Youtube downloading browser extensions often update more quickly in response to Youtube changes).

jdubs

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #211 on: July 27, 2015, 08:47:09 pm »

Higher sample rates for ASIO line in.  I have been playing with a vinyl rig using Lynx Hilo and RIAA in convolution engine.  I've noticed ASIO line in is limited to 96khz. It would be nice to see some higher sampling rates for the ASIO line in for "live" vinyl playback.

Yes!!  +1

-Jim

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2015, 05:49:05 am »

Able to add your own Media Type and Sub Type
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2015, 10:27:22 am »

Just a quick follow up on dark grey skins in win10 (ish) style.

For example look at this jriver win10 style dark grey theme with green buttons.  It's a private skin one jriver member created but alas will not share despite me asking politely a few times.  This is a perfect look for me on my large plasma screen in a dimmed room.  The green works well in this win10 style, but so would orange and some marine blue.

My eyes hurt with bright themes and this is perfect.

JackDiesel

• Recent member
« Reply #214 on: July 28, 2015, 11:06:11 am »

Just a quick follow up on dark grey skins in win10 (ish) style.

For example look at this jriver win10 style dark grey theme with green buttons.  It's a private skin one jriver member created but alas will not share despite me asking politely a few times.  This is a perfect look for me on my large plasma screen in a dimmed room.  The green works well in this win10 style, but so would orange and some marine blue.

My eyes hurt with bright themes and this is perfect.

I'm hoping for an official theme that lines up more with Windows 10 styling (give us options on colors) than the current one that looks like it belongs on a Mac. Maybe a couple new theater skins as well. I gave up XBMC's eye candy for JRiver's functionality (not regretting it) but I wouldn't be opposed to them adding a few new skins for us.

natehansen66

• World Citizen
« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2015, 04:42:44 am »

Following the line of my dsp requests a few pages ago, I want to ask for hi and low pass filters with a user defined q and slope. This would be key for xo design and making house curves. As it is, to do a house curve, I have to string together a bunch of hs or ls filters to get the desired shape. This is a pain when I want to change the slope due to the variability of recordings....having to change every ls or hs filter individually. TBH I'm not sure how viable this is as I've not seen it in any other dsp that I can think of (or know of).

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2015, 08:05:11 am »

Following the line of my dsp requests a few pages ago, I want to ask for hi and low pass filters with a user defined q and slope. This would be key for xo design and making house curves. As it is, to do a house curve, I have to string together a bunch of hs or ls filters to get the desired shape. This is a pain when I want to change the slope due to the variability of recordings....having to change every ls or hs filter individually. TBH I'm not sure how viable this is as I've not seen it in any other dsp that I can think of (or know of).

I would vote for a user definable Q for HP and LP filters (that would answer a lot of my previous filter slope type requests).  I don't think there's a mathematical technical barrier to doing it (I've seen it in DSP before, but I can't recall where), but I don't know how easy it would be to code.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2015, 08:43:50 am »

TBH I'm not sure how viable this is as I've not seen it in any other dsp that I can think of (or know of).
Acourate has this feature. IIRC the minidsp advanced biquad spreadsheet can calculate the biquad params for such filters too.  I believe increasing the Q of a shelving filter without increasing the filter order produces increased ripple in the output though (some graphs to illustrate in http://uk.mathworks.com/help/dsp/examples/parametric-equalizer-design.html). I guess this is why cascading multiple filters works OK.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2015, 09:18:05 am »

Acourate has this feature. IIRC the minidsp advanced biquad spreadsheet can calculate the biquad params for such filters too.  I believe increasing the Q of a shelving filter without increasing the filter order produces increased ripple in the output though (some graphs to illustrate in http://uk.mathworks.com/help/dsp/examples/parametric-equalizer-design.html). I guess this is why cascading multiple filters works OK.

I think he was asking for user specified Q on high pass and low pass filters, not for shelving filters, but maybe I misread (he's using shelves as a workaround in the meanwhile)?  We already have user definable Q for shelving filters.  

Changing the Q of a high and low pass will affect ripple, but will also allow dialing in different slopes (bessel, LR, etc.).  Not sure I understand what you mean about cascading filters?  That effectively changes both the slope and the Q of the resulting combination filter.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2015, 09:32:22 am »

I think he was asking for user specified Q on high pass and low pass filters, not for shelving filters, but maybe I misread (he's using shelves as a workaround in the meanwhile)?  We already have user definable Q for shelving filters.  
It seems I am the one with reading difficulties  :'(

Changing the Q of a high and low pass will affect ripple, but will also allow dialing in different slopes (bessel, LR, etc.).  Not sure I understand what you mean about cascading filters?  That effectively changes both the slope and the Q of the resulting combination filter.
That was my point, cascading changes order and q which is likely, afaict, preferable to just changing q. I think I was thinking of the shelf filter which just let's you change q and does have that ripple problem. However I could be confusing jriver with some other DSP system now.

Generally speaking I think it would be best to collect the use cases for enhancements to give dsp engine and then present them as one. This might ultimately produce a more cohesive design.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #220 on: July 29, 2015, 09:55:59 am »

Generally speaking I think it would be best to collect the use cases for enhancements to give dsp engine and then present them as one. This might ultimately produce a more cohesive design.

I think you're right.  It can be hard to keep all the different points straight.

TheColdOne

• Recent member
« Reply #221 on: July 29, 2015, 12:56:40 pm »

I'm hoping for an official theme that lines up more with Windows 10 styling (give us options on colors) than the current one that looks like it belongs on a Mac. Maybe a couple new theater skins as well. I gave up XBMC's eye candy for JRiver's functionality (not regretting it) but I wouldn't be opposed to them adding a few new skins for us.

I wonder if they can hook into the color scheme used on your windows UI so it changes dynamically. That would be something...

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2015, 01:12:00 pm »

You might check out MetroX: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83217.0

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2015, 04:06:50 pm »

Can we get the ability to export and merge only some of the Theater View config.  For example, me and my brother want an identical setup for Theater View, but he uses JRiver for Live TV whereas I do not, so I remove that option.

If I copy the .jmd files from me to him, he'll lose the Live TV/Guide view.  Likewise, if I ever want Live TV back, I'd have to reset to default and lose all my customizations and start from scratch.  So obviously being able to export/import/merge my changes would be absolutely essential.

In this case, I would use the 'merge' option on a default setup, which would add my changes.  I can then delete the default stuff I don't need.  If there are duplicate items, the import deletes the default one and replaces it with the one from the export file.

XML seems the obvious choice to me.

Does that make sense?

Also, on a similar topic, can we get Theater View inheriting from Standard View?  It's a bit annoying to have to configure Standard View views, then repeat all that for Theater View views!

But again, being able to export/import stuff (Standard View to Theater View and vice-versa) might be a 2 birds with 1 stone scenario.

natehansen66

• World Citizen
« Reply #224 on: July 30, 2015, 04:41:09 am »

+1. Maybe a separate dsp feature request thread?

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #225 on: July 31, 2015, 09:20:50 am »

Small addition to secure rip report:
Simple notification/message on top if there's been problems in ripping process, e.g. "there were errors, see details" or: "no errors found". That way it's much faster to see immediately if cd was ripped ok.

rael71

• World Citizen
« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2015, 07:22:21 am »

I don't know if it's possible  but it would be nice if the team could let us know which of the several feature requests they're considering to implement in MC 21 (they also could be marked as sure, probable, possible, difficult or something like this) and also which surely won't be developed.

I'm not talking about a road map or things like that but just a sort of indication of the direction that MC21 COULD take on the basis of both users' requests and developers purposes.

I think it would be useful for users who just upgraded (like me) or who are considering to buy/upgrade MC21.

Thank you anyway!
Bye!

Andrea

Audionut11

• Recent member
Re: [REQ] [DSP-PEQ] Allow filters to be loaded from a simple text descriptor
« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2015, 10:05:13 am »

The current PEQ block requires a large no of mouse clicks to configure any non trivial no of entries. It would be more convenient to allow the user to supply a file that describes all the filters to be loaded in one go.

+1 on this.  Many programs automatically EQ, but having to manually enter each EQ filter in media center is very cumbersome.

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2015, 02:33:19 pm »

It would be great if there was a way for mc to serve an rss feed with what's playing now and some basic info (album/artist/etc).

metac

• Recent member
« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2015, 03:06:14 pm »

Integration with Neeo Remote (on kickstarter) looks promising for a more "budget-friendly" approach. They have Sonos integration already.

As far as i can tell from my own experiments, MC needs the following 2 things to make life easier.

1. MCWS needs extending to do push feedback (e.g. playing now, track position, zone, etc), rather than long polling.
2. MC needs to be able to run Display View (full screen) reliably for Video via MCWS, especially if only running Media Server. It should also be a special mode where it never shows the normal UI on exit or whatever.

metac

• Recent member
« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2015, 03:07:10 pm »

Have skinable OSD in display view. E.g i have a zoomable projector. I lose the OSD when zooming scope films as it projects on to black velvet. It would be nice to be able to move this up (or change it entirely to show poster/description/formats/etc), but also mask the black bars so variable aspect movies like Batman don't show the fullscreen IMAX parts in the overspill area.

Astromonkey

« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2015, 12:32:40 pm »

Possibility to do get tv episode metadata with just the Series name and name of episode. Also a way to look up specials.

jaxtherogue

• World Citizen
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2015, 04:36:37 pm »

I would like it if podcast files that have their own embedded artwork could retain that artwork instead of being overwritten by MC. I.E. each episode of the No Agenda podcast has its own art, but that art is overwritten by the artwork contained in the first downloaded episode when I setup the RSS fee in MC.

Hilton

« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2015, 01:16:41 am »

Better USB disk library management.  (Across platforms but will most benefit Id and Pi)

MC already protects files for disconnected devices, it would be good if unavailable files are also hidden, or have an option to hide files from disconnected devices.
I realise there's probably a few ways to skin this cat, simplest I would guess would be to just filter them out until a drive connection is detected again.

The other option to not protect disconnected devices just does a clean up and deletes them from the library. This way you can swap USB drives and protect the tags etc.

:) makes for simple plug n play and keeping a library clean from a playback perspective where you may have friends come over to plug in flash drives and the like.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #234 on: August 14, 2015, 04:13:41 am »

Possibility to do get tv episode metadata with just the Series name and name of episode. Also a way to look up specials.

Good one. Clever suggestion.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

baniels

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #235 on: August 14, 2015, 08:57:55 am »

I often perform my library management from a remote computer. I use the Get Movie & TV Info function a lot - however, the Image/Poster is not retrieved on the server. It pulls the name, and other metadata, but the image remains as it was, either incorrect or just a default screen cap.

I would love to see the image pulled from the server and applied the same way it would if I was performing the function from the server itself.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #236 on: August 14, 2015, 09:19:43 am »

I often perform my library management from a remote computer. I use the Get Movie & TV Info function a lot - however, the Image/Poster is not retrieved on the server. It pulls the name, and other metadata, but the image remains as it was, either incorrect or just a default screen cap.

I would love to see the image pulled from the server and applied the same way it would if I was performing the function from the server itself.

I know it's not a fix, but I usually just use VNC or RDP when I'm working with artwork on the server.

Chili-Jam

• World Citizen
  • same same ... but different
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2015, 11:02:55 am »

-> Request: Let MC aknowledge colorprofiles when watching images

I'm processing my raw pictures to AdobeRGB-JPEGS and have all my monitors including TV calibrated for color (X-Rite).
Right now I'm using FastPictureViewer Pro to watch my pictures since it's fast and it supports my monitor profiles.
There's a free version of this program if you want to have a look how it works.
But ... it can only browse a directory. So my pictures can never be in several playlists unless i duplicate them on disc.

I would so much like to use MC because of it's advanced tagging features and it's sophisticated smartlists.
But not being able to use colorprofiles is a showstopper for MC.

If you like to have a test image that is prepared to look wrong without colormanagement you can try http://fotovideotec.de/browser_farbmanagement/bilder/farbmanagement_test.jpg
Many browsers have been tweeked to display other than sRGB properly lately so I think this would be a nice feature for MC as well.

leetbruce

• Recent member
« Reply #238 on: August 16, 2015, 04:01:46 pm »

1.  I would like to be able to specify JRiver's web cache location.  I am currently using an ssd and would like to specify my hard disk drive or ram disk to avoid premature failure (especially since I listen to a lot of Pandora and Tidal via the connected media section).

2.  It would also be nice to have a button(s) on top of or above album cover pictures (in lists of all types) that would allow me to simply click to add an album to my currently playing list (e.g. "Play Now", "Play Next" or "Play Album").  This would be in addition to and different from the "default click/select" option. Right clicking then hunting through menu trees for "More Play Options" - "Play Album" etc. is very tedious (especially when I want to add several albums to my "playing now" list) and it's easy to accidentally select the wrong thing.
Thank You
Lee

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #239 on: August 17, 2015, 02:55:49 am »

Update Carnac / Auto Meta Data Grabber for TV Eps Disk rips in the format of "Series Name S2 D1" etc as at present it fails till you remove the "S2 D1" part.
JRiver CEO Elect

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #240 on: August 17, 2015, 03:59:08 am »

Request for the ability to edit TV metadata (name, series, season, episode & media sub-type) from the Television interface. At the moment, the only way that I can see to do this is to navigate to the recorded file folder or via Video and do it long hand.

At the same time, include the ability to use F6 rename functionality on the file from the Television interface, as well.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #241 on: August 17, 2015, 04:04:19 am »

Request to add user specified tag options when setting up record jobs.

Currently these are system specified to 3 options.

The option to set default tags is great but this would provide greater user flexibility.

masterful

• Recent member
Re: Requests - Numerous requests to improve already built features
« Reply #242 on: August 17, 2015, 05:09:10 am »

6. Please add a Video Thumbnail Seeker (just like youtube, so we know where we are while seeking...Theaterview & Standard View)

+1 would love to see this one.

would work very well with an advanced video bookmarking system that saves a thumbnail of the video scene along with the bookmark. in practice one would right click the seekbar at the time/scene they'd like to bookmark, click bookmark in the context menu and the bookmark would be saved along with a thumbnail of the scene.

since bookmarks would ideally work in the way mentioned above in both video and audio files, a bookmark viewer would be very useful in quickly jumping to bookmarks in a particular media file by double clicking them.

masterful

• Recent member
« Reply #243 on: August 17, 2015, 05:09:49 am »

kstuart

« Reply #244 on: August 17, 2015, 03:35:19 pm »

1.  I would like to be able to specify JRiver's web cache location.  I am currently using an ssd and would like to specify my hard disk drive or ram disk to avoid premature failure (especially since I listen to a lot of Pandora and Tidal via the connected media section).
Lee, if you do a web search you will find that "not using your SSD for certain things, in order to avoid premature failure" is a myth.  SSDs have enough "writes" in their lifespan, to live far beyond when you have replaced it with one with 1,000 times the storage capacity for half the price.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #245 on: August 23, 2015, 05:21:27 pm »

I would like to see a separate option section for the Car Radio / playing now playlists.  

One option to be able to turn off auto 1st track play when switching car radio playlists. And also to scroll down and highlight the last played track in each of the 12 car radio playlists.  And for this to still work after editing the playlist adding in more tracks and deleting others.  And maybe also a separate audio book section of options and little features all built in ready to go with a few check boxes and spinners to set values.

For example, the member 6233638  kindly gave me this script to remember the place in an audio book and mark it a color so I knew where to start from when coming back to the playlist of many audio books one after another in the car radio playlist.  

I wonder how many other cool little script ideas like this could be made into features to called up by right click context menu when using files marked as audio books. And with options found in the Car Radio/Audiobooks section somewhere in the options menu.

Ideas that I have no idea of yet, but could make great features for an audio book set of tools all there on the right click context menu.  Maybe turned on and off from the main options section I mention above, as to not clutter the right click section with unwanted features.

dlinsley

Re: Feature Requests - Pause playback when the machine is locked
« Reply #246 on: August 24, 2015, 11:08:25 am »

I apologize if this already made it in - I haven't installed my upgrade to 21 from 19 yet.

Especially when at work, I'd love an option for playback to pause when the machine is locked and to auto resume when unlocked. This would save me quite a bit of time during my day, when having to step away from my desk.

prerich

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2015, 01:15:05 pm »

I apologize if this is too difficult or if it has already been suggested:

It would be cool if you could apply vst effects by channel for multi-channel use (apply multiple instances of the same vst - but to different channels).

macdonjh

« Reply #248 on: August 25, 2015, 09:06:39 pm »

Two pedestrian requests from a new, unsophisticated user:

Make the database able to ignore leading "The" in titles when alphabetizing album names.  For example, "The Wall" would be alphabetized in "W", not "T".

Expand the cover art function to include the backs of covers as well as CD booklets, etc. 

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #249 on: August 25, 2015, 09:19:34 pm »

Make the database able to ignore leading "The" in titles when alphabetizing album names.  For example, "The Wall" would be alphabetized in "W", not "T".

This can be done already, and a lot of people use this feature for albums, artists, movie names etc. Go to Options> Tree and View> Sorting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up