INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Green Button?  (Read 1738 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
The Green Button?
« on: July 11, 2015, 05:31:19 am »

From what I can work out, the green button on the MCE remote appears to be sending one of these:

mc20.exe /MCC 22001,0

The zero being "Toggle". I see that a "1" would just use Theater View "Home", but there is something different about them.

When the toggle goes home, it always lands on the left-most item of the Theater View home screen, which is exactly what I am after.

I need it not to toggle, so that if I am already there, it stays there.
I thought that by specifying "1" instead of "0", that this is what I would get, but no. Using only the "home" parameter, it does indeed go to the home screen, but literally, so if I were for example, in "Video", which has a secondary roller on the home screen, 22001,1 takes me "Home" but leaves the focus on this second level video roller rather than landing me at the left-most home screen item where I want to be, like the "Toggle" command does.

Am I making any sense?
Is there a command I can use to reliably land me properly home, even if I am already there?

-marko

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: The Green Button?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 09:53:00 am »

You could switch to Standard View and then back to Theater View, like this...
mc20 /Mode Standard
mc20 /MCC 22001,0
This would get you always home, appart from a little flicker  :)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 08:01:58 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion. To begin with, it was a really rubbish suggestion, with rather more than 'a little flicker' going on, but...

You definitely got me thinking, and after I had done that for a while, I reached for AutoHotKey... and now have something workable.
It's still not perfect, so am still keen to hear any other ideas.

What's not perfect?
There's the merest flash of the taskbar as it drops in and out of standard view. It really is just a flash, but as it's visible, it's not a perfect solution for me.

The script below gets me from anywhere in theater view to my Movies. It takes one second and for a fraction of that, there's a taskbar flash. The navigation commands are in so fast, I don't see the home page at all. The screen goes black for a second and there's the movie list. Brilliant.
Code: [Select]
Run mc20.exe /Mode Standard
Sleep 100
Run mc20.exe /MCC 22001,0
Sleep 900
Sendinput {Right 3}
Sendinput {Down}
Sendinput {Right 2}
Sendinput {Enter}

I made others for Audio and Photos too that work just as well, and also, for when I'm drilled into a file, I now have single buttons for "Back, Left, Enter", "Back, Down, Enter" and "Back, Up, Enter" that happen so fast, the next/previous file is there instantaneously. This is also brilliant.

Those 'next/previous' file ones will work anywhere. If anyone wants to try them, just shout and I'll post them. They're just little 1Mb exe files.

Also, thanks JeTie, for getting me rolling towards a workable solution, it was appreciated. I just need to give that taskbar some thought now... I wonder if hiding it might work...

-marko

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 10:25:11 pm »

Just don't cut the red wire....
Pages: [1]   Go Up