INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendation for what tag to use for "auditioned"?  (Read 1341 times)

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck
Recommendation for what tag to use for "auditioned"?
« on: July 11, 2015, 04:16:05 pm »

Hello,

I have to audition and mark about 100,000 tracks. Ideally I'd like the grid to have a checkbox true/false column in it so I can checkoff files I've done already, and be able to make a smartlist to list only the files that I have NOT yet auditioned for my next session.

Does the ID standard have an official "auditioned" or not boolean? Is it possible to have a simple checkbox in a grid column that maps to a tag? (its a pain to tag these files by having to double click in-grid to open up editing or use the tag dialog). I would like to just simply mark files as auditioned or not with a single mouse click with no other mouse or keyboard actions than a single click.

Does anyone have any recommendations of what tag to use to store this boolean and if I can place a checkbox UI control in the grid to update it at all?

Thanks a lot
Rick

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Recommendation for what tag to use for "auditioned"?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 06:32:43 pm »

I'm no expert, but I just set this up on my system and it works the way you want it to, I believe.  Here's what I did:

1.  Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields
2.  Add field called Audition with properties:
  Data type: Integer
  Edit type:  Check
3.  Go to a Panes view.  The included Panes view is fine for this.
4.  Right click on a Pane and select "add category".  I added mine to the Left of the first pane so it would be the first thing you see and select based upon.
5.  In the lower part of the Panes view, where the files are listed, right click on a column header and select Auditioned.  That will place the Auditioned column in the view where you clicked.  Drag it left or right if you want.

You should now have check boxes next to each song for Auditioned or not.  Check them on and off at will.  Up in the Panes at the top, you can select to show ones that have been auditioned, have NOT been auditioned, or both.

I think that's what you were asking for.

Enjoy,

Brian.

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Recommendation for what tag to use for "auditioned"?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 01:06:43 pm »

Thanks a lot Brian, I didnt know I could just add a new field!. Its working great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up