INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatically create folder with mp3-files from playlist  (Read 957 times)

hlauper

Automatically create folder with mp3-files from playlist
« on: July 12, 2015, 04:09:38 am »

Hi there

I'm looking for a way to create a folder containing all the music files from a playlist in an automated way.
Background: My car can't read any playlist files at all. It can only read folders on a USB-Stick and plays the files in the folder.
Manually I drag the playlist from MC to a folder and it will copy all the files into that folder.
Now I have about 35 playlists that I would like to copy to that stick what makes it pretty boring and long job.
Any idea how to create the folder structure on a stick an copy the mp3-files in it in an automated way?

Thanks for your help.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Automatically create folder with mp3-files from playlist
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 09:04:45 am »

What you are asking for would *seem* to be exactly what the sync to handheld system was designed for.  But...  There doesn't seem to be any way to reference the Playlist as a variable name in the handheld system *or* anywhere else useful (like Rename, Move, and Copy for example).

I thought this was going to be an easy assignment.  But 10 minutes of research and testing says that the Playlist name simply isn't available anywhere in the expression language or handheld sync or the RMC tool.  Darn.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up