INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Audio Streaming Error" in JRemote but not in WebGizmo  (Read 1366 times)

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
"Audio Streaming Error" in JRemote but not in WebGizmo
« on: July 12, 2015, 02:47:53 pm »

I'm having trouble playing the same music on JRemote that plays fine when remotely playing it through my web browser on my laptop.  Both are connected to the same WiFi and both are remotely connecting to the same machine that is running MC .126 on my Mac Mini.  

Anyone know how to best troubleshoot this?  This happens more frequently when trying to play FLAC, but it also happens with MP3s.  And when I play FLAC files via JRemote most often it doesn't "download" properly and either stutters playing the song or stops playing in the middle of the song and starts playing the next track.  

I wasn't getting many instances of "audio streaming errors" before installing the the builds from early June/late May.  Before then the only time I received the message of "audio streaming errors" was because JRemote couldn't play the next track if it had a different bitrate.  But Robert (Lespaul) addressed that before the most recent build.  

I sincerely appreciate the JRiver team's consideration on this!

edit: To add, when I receive the "audio streaming error," it's usually when JRemote is trying to play the next track.  If I manually hit the next track, it plays it fine. 

I'm running JRemote 3.10 on my iPhone (iOS 8.4).

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
Re: "Audio Streaming Error" in JRemote but not in WebGizmo
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 11:22:31 pm »

Hi, any news on how to be able to troubleshoot this?  I was playing an album and upon reaching the last track of the song, I received the same old "audio streaming error."  So upon selecting the last track in JRemote, it played. 

Does the logging of the app also log the server communications?
Pages: [1]   Go Up