INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with JRiver 21 upgrade price  (Read 2273 times)

Telecaster2

Help with JRiver 21 upgrade price
« on: July 11, 2015, 01:14:07 pm »

I purchased MC20 several months ago, but did not install the software due to a planned PC upgrade.  It will be a month or so before I have time to finish the build of my new Windows PC to replace my trusty but obsolete XP system.  I would like to take advantage of the upgrade discount price.  However, when I enter my registration number I receive a message indicating that my reg # cannot be found.

Do I have to install the software before my registration number becomes "official"?  I'd really prefer to wait until I've completed by system build later this summer. 

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with JRiver 21 upgrade price
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 12:02:54 pm »

Do I have to install the software before my registration number becomes "official"?

Makes sense to me. Seems logical that JRiver can't really offer you an "upgrade" until they verified that you actually installed a license to "upgrade" from.

Theoretically - if you sit on that initial license but never activate it - you are not really a "customer" yet?

VP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 12:06:46 pm »

He succeeded in purchasing yesterday.

The answer to his question is "No."  You don't need to have activated the previous license in order to use it to upgrade.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 06:09:49 pm »

You don't need to have activated the previous license in order to use it to upgrade.

Good to know. Thanks!

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up